Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2006, 08:06 PM

My fiance and I will be going on an eastern caribbean cruise with my brother and his girlfriend. (we are all in our mid to latter 20's) We cannot decide which cruise ship to take. They have just about the same things to offer so we really need help deciding. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brad & Alyssa
Old 12-27-2006, 12:56 AM

Navigator of the Seas would be one of the best choice for you.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:58 AM

hello. Welcome to cruise-chat. I didn't look to see if either ship has been refurbished yet. Since they are in the same class of ship, I personally would let itinerary decide. I would think the price difference would not be enough to consider that factor. If the itinerary are similar enough, you state "they have just about the same things to offer", what are the differences. I imagine the price is pretty much the same. I would choose itinerary/ports over price and ship, in my opinion. I have been on the explorer, not the mariner. I would guess the mariner is wonderful, as was the explorer. Good luck There is always the use of a travel agent to help you all decide. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Mariner is another option out of Port Canaveral, Florida. It is the newer ship of that class, and is very beautiful, as I'm sure the other ships are you mentioned. Mariner's Eastern and Western cruises are both only 7 days-I do believe that there is one out of Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey which is longer if that is a factor in your choice.
Either ship-you'll love it.
Have fun!!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 PM

Thank you for your replies.

Lil'Lori,
The itinerary really wont help me decide either because both the Explorer and Navigator go to the exact same ports. I wish they were different so it might make the decision easier.

Shanghai,
Thank you for your opinion. Im leaning towards the Navigator. Whats some of the cant miss things on the Navigator if we do take that one?

Jim,
I dont see any eastern caribbean cruises for the Mariner so i guess that ones out. Else it does sound very tempting.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:37 PM

When are you going? I'll be on the Navigator in March. The Navigator was the 4th out of 5 "Voyager" class ships built. The Mariner was the last. The "Voyager" class ships are the largest ships, and offer Promenade decks and ice skating rinks. The Navigator and Mariner have a better layout in the buffet area which is called the Windjammer. They also offer two speciality restaurants, Chops and Portofino's. The Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure just have Portofino's. They all have a Johnny Rockets. There's really not too much that's different between them all. As far as ships go, I believe you're making the best choice by choosing a "Voyager" class ship. My cruise in March will be my 33rd cruise with Royal Caribbean. The "Voyager" class ships are my favorite. I love the ice shows! If you want to get some perspective, you can check out my photo site to see some of the ships I've been on. CLICK HERE Then click on cruises. Hope this helps...

Sonny
Old 12-27-2006, 09:04 PM

We are either going to cruise RC on February 10th or 24th (since we are just about positive we will be taking the Navigator). Sonnyv it really sounds like you enjoy RC cruises 33 WOW! You have any good tips for us newbies such as what floor we should book our rooms, events we cant miss, etc? I really dont want to miss out.

Ive read about stuff like tipping at the beginning for better service, booking rooms away from the elevators, etc.. but if you have any inside information you could share we would greatly appreciate it. Your shared experience could really make our trip so much better.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 12-27-2006, 09:05 PM

P.S. Great photos Sonnyv. I really enjoyed them.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:56 PM

Hi Brad,
I would suggest a balcony if you can afford the extra cost. I like the bumpout cabins. They are by the elevators and I never had a problem with any noise. The aft cabins have very large balconies which is a big plus. Don't miss the ice show! Enjoy at least one meal at Johnny Rocket's. Try to catch all the shows. You'll be in AWE!

Sonny

Closed Thread