Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2005, 12:11 PM

We are traveling with 2 other couples (all in our mid 30's) on Anniversay celebration (cruise is Mariner 10/9/05) I have heard that the "quest" is something not to be missed...(what is this?) same goes for the ice show...
thoughts? sugestions? would love to hear more about on-board stuff to check out...thanks!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:21 PM

This show is a great deal of fun. Especially because, chances are, you will never see these people again. You work in teams and when the cruise director says, I will give 5 points to the first team to show me a sock with a whole in it> At that point you will see many people running up there with wholes in there socks (most people make the wholes in them as they are running up to the cruise director. However, most people don't realize there is already a whole in every sock. ( how else can you get your foot in them). I have seen the quest several times and it is still a great deal of fun.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:40 PM

The Ice Show is at the top of my "must see" list. The same show will be performed a few times during the cruise so that everyone can get a chance to see it. However, as soon as you see the announcement in the Daily Compass as to when and where tickets will be distributed, make sure to get them as they disappear quite quickly.

I agree that "The Quest" is great fun - bring your camera and/or videocam to capture some of the hilarity.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-19-2005, 07:10 PM

My husband, his brother and wife and myself participated in The Quest on Seranade in Alaska...what fun - they had the guys (my brother in law) with a no shirt - a bra - a ladies pocket book and ladies shoes parading around the dance floor - the camera was there and caught my brother in law in full shot - of course I had to buy it and have been treatening black mail - what a blast this was and as arckac said you will never see these people again. My sister - in - law and i cant wait until our Caribbean cruise in april so we can do it again.....one word of warning make sure you wear a depends that nite as you will need it!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-20-2005, 06:05 AM

I was lol just thinking of the fun we had during the quest that when I talked about the sock with the hole in it I kept writing whole. I will be going on the AOS in February and it will be my first time on the mega ship. The pictures of this ship are amazing. I was last on the Zuiderdam and it was right next to the Mariner of the Seas and although I enjoyed my time on the zuiderdam it looked like it could of been a lifeboat on the Mariner (JK) but you know what I mean. I was on the Serenade in Feb 05 to the Southern Caribbean and it was a terrific ship. I am strongly looking into the Alaska cruise for next August and I am looking at the vision of the seas or the Oosterdam from Seattle. I lean toward the HA because of the rook that can cover the outdoor pool. I know the Serenade goes out of Vancouver as well as the Zuiderdam. RCCL and HA are the only cruise lines we sail. If you may, can you tell me a bit of the Alaska Cruise you were on and what you would recommend doing. Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 06:38 AM

After being on The Explorer of the Seas we were not impressed with Serenade...that is why we booked Southern Caribbean on the Adventures of the Sea....The only reason I did Alaska was it was my husbands dream - I told him if he took me someplace warm first then I would do Alaska. Low and behold our very first cruise was to Eastern Caribbean...now we are hooked and have our fourth cruise booked for April 06 and looking at cruises for 07. Alaska was beautiful, I do have to say. Pictures don't do it justice. We went in July and they say it was the best weather they had had all summer. In Skagway we took a bus tour up to the summit (the tram was booked) I would recommend the tram it sounded like they saw more. It was cold and cloudy that day. In Juneau it was foggy and rainy all day. All we did was walk the town which was really touristy. In Ketikan (this was our favorite) we did the boat/bus tour. It took us through town by bus and then went into the water and took us around. Just watch out for a row boat that shows up and they tell you that he was a true Alaskan and his dog was an Alaskan Huskie. I'm sure he was part of it as everyone was handing him dollar bills for some reason...Anyway it was worth the money - my husbands favorite word that week was "awesome". Even though we have grown up in the Vermont mountains - the mountains were spectacular - the glaciers were my favorite part - the were gorgeous.....

Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 AM

Thank you for the information. When I get back from the AOS cruise in February, I will give you feedback on her. Im surprised you were not happy with the Serenade of the Seas. I thought she was a beauty. My only concern for this ship going to alaska is the small indoor pool that is the adult pool only in the caribbean. Otherwise the food, entertainment and quality of service was very good. As I mentioned, my wife and I have had our best time on the Zuiderdam. We are in our mid to late 40's and have an 8 year old who travels with us everywhere. He enjoys the kids clubs equally on HAL and on RCCL. This next cruise will be his 8th and our 12th. All have been to the caribbean and to Mexico. We hope over the next few years to do Alaska and Hawaii and a little further the Greek Isles. Thanks again for the wonderful tips on Alaska.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:16 AM

The solarium pool on the Serenade was a god send. It was too cold for outside swimming and they really do abide by children only (with adult supervision) between 12 - 4. We always used the hot tub early in the morning or in the evening. I liked the Serenade its just that I like the Explorer class better. Much bigger and grander. You could feel the crowds on the Serenade much more that you did Explorer....

Old 09-20-2005, 10:41 AM

In the caribbean the solarium was always an adult only pool. I believe that is why for Alaska I will lean toward the HA Vista ships. they have a retractable room over the center pool that will allow us to enjoy the center pool which is very nice. BTW I keep hearing the only way to do Alaska is with a balcony. Do you agree.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:22 PM

We have only had interior rooms but I would believe a balcony would be great....We splurged for our Caribbean trip and got our first balcony...probably wont' want to go back into an interior room. I can't wait to have coffee in the morning and cocktails before dinner on the balcony...On the Alaska cruise I was on the deck at 5:30 in the morning with coffee in hand. I just love to be outside..with no one else around. How is a oceanview room is that worth the extra ???

Closed Thread

Tags
activities, bring, caribbean, carribean, cruise, hole, quest, royal, sock