Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2006, 05:05 PM

Hello everyone Going on Voyager of the Seas on Oct 14, 06, out of Barcelona. Has anyone been on this cruise? and can you share what your favorites. Is there anybody going on this one same week?
Old 08-20-2006, 08:53 PM

Cinderilla,
We will be going after you on the 28th. Read as many of Tom Ogg's port reviews as you can, I have found them very helpful! Have a great cruise!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:47 AM

i am going 9/16/06, will report back.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:17 AM

Thank you all so much. Yes I've read extensively all about the ports and what to see. the problem is there is too much that I get tired just reading about it, but very excited. We decided to book a tour for Rome, but couldn't book one for Florence. I think is best we do this for our first time didn't want to get lost or miss the ship. Although there's a lot of wonderful suggestions on doing it on your own. We'll do it that way next year. By the way new on chat, but been criusing quite a bit.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:46 AM

we have decided the following:

-avignon, palace of the popes wine
-monaco monte carlo tour
-a taste of florence
-rome on your own
-hidden pompeii and its wine
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 AM

hi, u can get to rome on the train return for 7 euros....and its simple and convienent!the train stops at the vatican! ans u can also use ure train ticket on the underground to get around when u get there! we booked rome on your own for our family of 4....it was expensive! after chattin to fellow cruisers we cancelled the trip and took the train,which took 45mins.....the ships excursion coach takes nearly 2hrs!!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:22 AM

my only thoughts on this are god forbid something happens to the train. a delay or cancellation and then what? it wasnt worth the gamble or savings to me and i'm a gambler by nature. i dont want to have to pull an i love lucy and get a helicopter to lower me down.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:26 PM

Chem.X
My brochure states: Rome on your own is only available for guests sailing on The Splendour of the Seas.
What's the story?
How close is the train to the port?
Thanks
Herb
Old 09-08-2006, 12:55 PM

i booked it.....

go to the rccl.com website and search excursions on your own. seems like a basic tour. its on the web, in my brochure and i paid for it.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chemical x:
my only thoughts on this are god forbid something happens to the train. a delay or cancellation and then what? it wasnt worth the gamble or savings to me and i'm a gambler by nature. i dont want to have to pull an i love lucy and get a helicopter to lower me down.
Hello chemical x thanks for the advice we already booked tours Rome and Florence. Your right we don't want to gamble to save a few bucks and ended up spending more just to catch up on the ship. Besides it is our first so we'll play it safe. next time we'll be adventurous. Thanks a bunch. Counting the weeks before we fly and sail.
Cinderella

Closed Thread

Tags
discover, renaissance, review, rome, ship, tour