Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

I saw a picture today of a 10th deck aft balcony on Explorer, and looking down, it didn't look so great. Any comments?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:01 AM

Hard to comment when we can see the picture you're talking about. The aft balcony on "Voyager" class ships have a steel beam that wraps around the stearn of the ship. That is why I will always book a corner aft cabin. The view is better. The "Radiance" class ships don't have the steel support ring.

Sonny

Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
I saw a picture today of a 10th deck aft balcony on Explorer, and looking down, it didn't look so great. Any comments?
Second guessing your decision? It'll be great, weeeeeehaaahaha. Sorry, the giddy is contagious.

BTW: Wild 3
Kinks 1
Old 03-24-2007, 07:15 PM

We were on 8th floor aft on Mariner. I would explain it like looking through a football helmet. You look down on the balcony below. You can also see the crew break area. The nice thing about aft is you can see both sides and where you've been, but I would do like Sonny and go with corner.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Just a little second guessing, but no question that we will be enjoying immensely. My giddy monitor is off the charts!

Welcome Fam4, and thanks for "visual" insight on our cabin. We're dead middle-aft.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:39 AM

Hey cruisin' (not to be mistaken for "Chief")

Have you checked this site for views and pictures of your ship?
http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsPublic...=&shipId=105&deckId=
Old 03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned

Thanks, Cheffy; hadn't seen those pictures. It's enough to make one get silly in giddiness. I can honestly say, the anticipation I experience before the cruise is not as good as the cruise itself. All too often, the vacation does not meet the loftly levels of one's anticipation. Not so on a cruise.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 AM

I think I have just become aware of another danger with balconies - whether it be aft or corner.

According to reports today on the various news channels, two people fell 50 feet from their balcony on the Grand Princess at 1:30AM.

The two were rescued about four and a half hours later. While nothing was said about the lady in qustion, Fox News quoted a passenger as saying the man was pulled from the water, uh, sans clothing.

I wonder what was occuring on the balcony at 1:30? I am wondering this simply as an educational preventive measure so that I can avoid a potentially similar problem on my upcoming cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

Instead of my standard response, get a room, to people who are overly amorous in public, I might need to modify that for cruisers...USE a cabin!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Goin,cruisin, I have heard of falling for some one, but this one was a little extreme. Get a room, or your variation, would appear to be appropriate.

There was some speculation that perhaps prodigious amounts of alcohol was involved, but I don't think they could have floated or treaded water for four hours if that was the case. They had to be in pretty good shape.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
10, 1388, aft, balcony, cabin, cabins, caeibbean, caribbean, class, deck, explorer, rccl, royal, voyager