Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 01:13 PM

Greetings, has anyone been hassled for smuggling in bottles of wine on the Navagator in luggage? Do they really confiscate stuff?

Also, does anybody know the dif. bet. a superior bal. stateroom and a deluxe bal. stateroom, we're in 7368, aft, is that a good location?

Any chance for upgrades, do you ask at the port, or hassle the consultants on the phone?

Smooth sailing to all, and thanks for any insight.

JH
Old 03-23-2006, 02:30 PM

We are going on the sister ship Mariner. Can anyone tell me if they had a problem bringing on wine, ect when you first board? Is it better to have it in your carry on or luggage?
DCL Wonder 2007
RCL Enchantment of the Seas 2008
Princess Diamond 2009
RCL Oasis of the Seas 2010
Old 03-23-2006, 02:42 PM

They don't like it, but I've brought wine on both in my carry on and in my checked luggage. So far, they've not hassled me. I usually bring a 4 pack of splits so if they did, I'd not be loosing a great deal. Have a great trip!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:41 PM

About getting an upgrade... Don't hold your breath. 29 cruises with RCCL and never got one. I'm a Diamond Plus Member and still don't get any. Don't do any good to complain either. They alway say the ship is full. I don't bother trying to smuggle wine or booze on board but some of my friends do it without a problem. I get free drinks from 5pm to 8:30pm or else I'd probably be packing a bottle in my luggage. Have a great cruise.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:49 PM

Sonny,
Are the free drinks because of Diamond Plus Status? I don't see it listed as a member benefit. Is it something just started?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:17 PM

Hi,
No, it's not something new. It has alway been available for Diamond status since they started the Voyager class ship. As you probably know that's after 10 cruises. As a Diamond member you get $200 off on any balcony cabin and a key card for the concierge lounge where you can have free drinks. This is between 5pm and 8:30pm. It's a great place to meet people before going to dinner. Only the Radiance and Voyager class ships have a concierge lounge except for the newly streached Enchantment. Not too much difference when you get to Diamond plus except they call you a week before the cruise and let you know of any upgrades and ask you what wine you want in your room. As a D-plus you can also go on tours like the bridge, gally, and behind stage. This is how I get my bridge pictures. I received a call after my Adventure cruise a few weeks ago and was invited on a special 2 night cruise on the Freedom out of Boston. This was a surprise. I pay for nothing except the plane fare. Now that's what I call a perk! I plan on taking tons of pictures.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:22 AM

I will be on the Freedom 1nt May 15th. Really looking forward to seeing her.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nat:
We are going on the sister ship Mariner. Can anyone tell me if they had a problem bringing on wine, ect when you first board? Is it better to have it in your carry on or luggage?
We packed liquor in our checked baggage and had no problems. I bought a plastic bottle, and sealed it in a food saver bag (no point in soaking a week's worth of clothes!).

Our steward did joke with me once because I was going through so much diet coke & ice, but that was it. I did wonder if he would have reported us if we had been really blatant about the liquor. (We did not leave it out when we weren't in the room.)

You will love Mariner - we had the best time! BTW - we found that the bartenders were pretty generous with the free pouring, so the drinks really weren't that expensive on an ounce-for-ounce basis. The martinis are dangerous!

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 03-24-2006, 10:34 AM

I was on the AOS in February and carried on two bottles of Wine. Its the beer that they do not want you to carry on.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:12 AM

My boyfriend and I brought a plastic bottle of booze with us last year on our cruise in our checked luggage. Had no problems whatsoever. We plan on doing it again in 33 days!

Closed Thread

Tags
booze, carry, conceled, cruise, food, foodsaver, liquor, saver, ships, smuggling, viking