Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2005, 05:01 AM

I am going to be travelling shortly on the Explorer of the Seas. Does anyone know what deck and who you see to get your wirelss name and password to use your laptop on the ship? Where can and can't you use your laptop? I am really trying to figure out if it is worth bringing. I already have SKYPE loaded and wanted to try it out.
Thanks for any tips.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:00 AM

Other than at RC Online, I am not sure how many "hot spots" are on the Explorer, but I know you will not be able to use wireless in your cabin. Unlimited in-cabin access requires one of their "hook-ups" that is purchased at Guest Relations. Any wireless information and support would be found at the RC Online Lounge (deck 8 - aft centrum). I believe I recall someone telling me there were about 6 hotspots around the ship, but not positive.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-17-2005, 02:19 PM

Thanks Nancy,
Would it be more advisable to just use their computers or buy into their room access package?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:55 PM

LACOOP,
If you want to try and use Skype, which I have had success with on other Voyager Class ships - then definitely bring your laptop. Also, since it is a dial-up and connection speed can be slow, if you plan to use the internet for any amount of time, I would purchase their in-cabin package in which case you would need to use your own computer.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-17-2005, 06:59 PM

I contacted RC for same info for our trip on Mariner 10/9 - for that ship they said go to guest releations desk and that it was $100 for the week...also that there were a limited # of "kits" as it is imperitive that my husband & I have internet (business) they suggested to pick up on embarkment...the internet cafe area might also be an option if you do not need 24/7 access...but do not know fees offhand...
Old 09-18-2005, 03:51 AM

Aj gives excellent advice. If planning to use in-cabin Internet, I always visit Guest Relations as soon as I get onboard, as there are a limited number of kits available.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
explorer, hot, seas, spots