Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 02:29 PM

Royal Caribbean is offering two different dolphin encounters on my cruise. 1 says that you stand on a platform and "interact" with the dolphins. The other says that you will get to do all of the above plus bellyswimming with the dolphins.

Has anyone ever done the bellyswimming version? Was it worth the extra $40-50?

Thanks!

CamperMom
Old 01-29-2006, 02:30 PM

Oops! Forgot to mention that they are being offered in Cozumel at the puerto adventuras.

CamperMom
Old 01-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Administrator

If the bellyswimming one (never heard of one called that) is where you get out in the water wearing a life vest and float around with the dolphins - then I know someone who did it and he felt it was worthwhile. We have only done the encounter tour - which was fine too. None of the dolphin tours are especially cheap, and be forewarned that they will also try to sell you overpriced still photos and a DVD of your tour group while engaged with the dolphins.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:46 AM

Camper Mom,
The "Dolphin Encounter" (which is interacting with the dolphin) is a very limited experience. You get to spend a few minites on a platform where the dolphin swims by, you pet him, he gives you a kiss and that's about it.

The "Dolphin Swim" (the belly swimming experience) offers more opportunity to interact with the dolphin in the water. You can pet them, swim along with them, they will take you for a ride, etc. At least those have been my experiences in both Cozumel and Nassau.

In my opinion - it is worth the extra money. While both excursions are not cheap for the experience I think the "Encounter" is overpriced.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, caribbean, carribean, cozumel, cruise, dolphin, dolphins, encounter, encounters, enounter, excursion, experience, review, reviews, royal, swim