Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 04:07 PM

Taking the Vision to Mexico next month, can anyone recommend Land excursions?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Certainly. Just let us know what you like to do -- are you into active excursions, general sightseeing, cultural shows, shopping, beaches, etc.? And, what are your ports of call?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:15 PM

Well I absolutely love to snorkle and love eating and botanical gardens. I love activity but have some health issues and don't do high endurance sports. My 16 year old daughter will be with me and she loves wildlife. My husband likes wine, golf and shopping. Ha..maybe we will do different things. My 7 year old son is going on the cruise but doesn't swim so I heard we can leave in with daycare on board the ship for excursions?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Banned

The kid's club (Adventure Ocean) will be open until at least 5 on port days, and will open between 8 and 9 depending on the port.

Also depending on the port and the day you may be able to leave your son with them longer. One port day is also a formal night and if you sign up for the kid's dinner that night, you could actually leave your son at Adventure Ocean until 10 PM.

As for shore excursions, we did ours through a third party and not through Royal Caribbean. We did an ATV and repelling trip that was fantastic, although that might not be your style. The company we dealt with did offer horseback riding trips in both Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta, both of those might be of interest to you. For your husband, I think the best golf port is Cabo San Lucas and the best shopping ports are Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan.

We were just on that same itinerary over Halloween, and were extremely impressed with how well the staff in the Aquarius treated our 3 year old.

I've got pictures of the trip in my photo gallery and we did a review of the trip here

Closed Thread

Tags
excursions, mexico, review, reviews, shore