Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 11:53 AM

hello

how was your cruise?...i wanna know everything xx
Old 11-05-2007, 09:27 AM

Hi, I'm back!!

Had a good time. Voyager is huge!

Our JS on deck 10 was lovely. It had plenty of space to walk around and loads of cupboards for all my shoes and things!! The balcony was nice to have but under used on this cruise as the schedule was so hectic.

On embarkation day we arrived at about 2pm and was able to use the suite line - no queue so sorted and straight on to the ship. The queue for pre printed set sail passes was also empty. I would recommend doing this prior to leaving for trip.

We got our luggage within a couple of hours so was able to change for dinner. Our cabin steward was wonderful and got us a couple of robes and extra soft pillows.

We were given a table for 8 at the Magic Flute and had main dining which was at 7pm. Our table was never full for entire cruise. The food was generally good and well presented. We found portions just right but many said they were too small. We also had the wine and dine package.
As it was my birthday on the last night, we ate at Portofino's. It was WONDERFUL! Great food and service, well worth the extra $20 each. Wish we had done it earlier in cruise as well.
Didn't try the Windjammer for dinner as we didn't like it for breakfast. Always too crowded and we struggled to get a table. We also hated eating off of plastic plates and drinking from plastic cups. Tea just doesn't taste the same!!

The Broadway Show & Ice Show were fantastic. Get your tickets early for the Ice Show as they go quickly.

Last day at sea was a bit rough. The Captain ordered the swimming pools to be drained!!

All in all a good holiday but we won't be booking another cruise just yet.

Anything else you want to know,just ask.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Welcome back kentishgirl. Thanks for the review.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Kentish Girl,

Was dying to know how you thought of it, Your trip was similar to ours I think, our pool was drained on the last day too, its a very different holiday but I think I would do things alot different if I went back again, my best friend is just back from her honeymoon on Liberty of the Seas in the caribbean and they loved it, alot more relaxed no rushing off to excursions etc, had at least three days at sea,
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM

thanks for the review,i got a few questons

what was the weather like?...
what did u do at the ports, did u book any excursions on the ship or do your own thing...
did u eat in the promanade cafe (was it free?)
was the food good?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi ya Sonya,

The weather was gorgeous! On doing it again, I would book the later evening meal, this would give you alot more time when you get back on Voyager not to be rushing your shower and getting ready for the meal, We didnt book any shore excursions, we felt we were on holiday and wanted to relax, didnt want to be herded around by someone with a flag in the air! Especially when the weather was so nice we didnt want to be in a bus looking out at it!!

I would prefer to have been at sea a little more, the ports were hard work, first stop is villefrance, gorgeous little village but nothing to do there really, we got a bus to Monte Carlo as the trains were on strike, but it was hard work, as no signs and locals not very helpful! next day we went to Pisa, again you get off the ship, bus to the centre, then you have to get a bus to the train station, then get the train to pisa back again.. long day, capri was lovely, we didnt get off in rome we will do that again another time, its 1.5 hours train drive from the ship to Rome!

All food in Windjammer is free, it stops serving at about 9pm I think, Promenade cafe, has croissants, pizza, cookies, fruit cakes etc,

Food good but small portions in the main dining room, we didnt know you could ask for more than one portion when you are ordering!! anything else just ask me.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sonya.k:
thanks for the review,i got a few questons

what was the weather like?...
what did u do at the ports, did u book any excursions on the ship or do your own thing...
did u eat in the promanade cafe (was it free?)
was the food good?
Hi Sonya,
The weather was lovely and sunny most days. Rome day was a bit overcast and then it started to rain as we were boarding the bus back to the ship.
The only RCI excursion we did was "Rome on your own". We found this perfect as we could go off and do our own thing. The bus dropped us off at the Vatican at 10am and collected us again at 4pm.

The rest of the week we did our own thing. Went to Pisa by train, Capri by hydrofoil and walked around Villefranche.

We used the promenade cafe for hot chocolate and cookies before going to bed or after returning from an excursion. It is free and we took our drinks back to our cabin.

I'm sure you will have a good time.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi Kentish Girl,

The Hydrofoil was mad wasnt it!! Oh my God I was so nervous on it thought we were gonna turn over at any minute!!!

what did you think of it?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM

I know!!! The one going out was a lot worse than coming back.
We laughed so much at people trying to walk on the top deck. No one was ill though which was surprising.

You're right, it was a bit of an ordeal getting to Pisa from Livorno. We tried to get a taxi from the port to the station but no one would take us. Had to get the RCI bus into town which was a bit of a rip off. I think that should have been complimentary.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Food good but small portions in the main dining room, we didnt know you could ask for more than one portion when you are ordering!! anything else just ask me.
I have a nephew who was on our last cruise. He's well over 6 feet tall and has an apetite like his horses. He's a trail boss for a horseback riding outfit in CO, takes people through Garden of the gods state park there.

Every meal he'd order 2-3 appetizers, two entrees and at least one dessert and never gains a pound. Believe me, the dining staff will cater to your every wish. I think my nephew had either 4 or 5 lobster tails, not counting the prime rib on the night it was served. Don't be shy, order what you want until you're full.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread