Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone , I did it ,I booked our first cruise! We are a family of six, and we're going to eastern caribbean on December 10th of this year. Our 20th anniversary is October, it's kind of late to celebrate in December, but I'm soo...happy! We finally get to go on a cruise at last. Our rooms are 9280 and 9284, I was wondering whether they are good rooms or not. I also wondered if we need to buy travel insurance, what type should we get, we are flying in from Denver to Florida a day ahead. Also when should we check in online. Thank you in advance for your help.

-Tanya
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 08-30-2006, 08:24 PM

You should always buy travel insurance to protect your investment. It is good you are flying in a day ahead. Travel insurance will provide protection if you should have to cancel before your trip due to sickness, emergencies, or death in the family. It will also provide coverage if something happens while you are on your vacation. Also trip delay, trip interupption, baggage loss etc. If you booked through a TA ask them about it. Travel Guard and Travel Assured are two third party insurers. They can cover everything including your airfare if you didn't buy that through the cruise line.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:53 PM

Which ship?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:04 PM
SONNYV, We booked with Mariner of the sea.
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 PM

Sorry, I should have paid more attention to the post. You're in junior suites! You're on deck nine on the starboard (right) side, and midship. You are going to be VERY happy with those excellent cabins. The cabins are about 300 sq. feet with a 70 sq. foot balcony.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:00 AM

I too am going on my very first Cruise.
Mariner of The seas's in September. I was told
that all meals are included in the price of the
cruise, then why is it I hear about people talking about how much they paid at different resturants aboard the ship? How much is actually free? Can someone please explain this to me.
Thanks.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:27 PM

Hi SMG, welcome to cruise-chat. There are two main specialty restaurants on "Voyager" class ships. Portofino's and Chops Grill. The cost is $20 per person. If want something special instead of the main dining room you can make a reservation for either restaurant. My wife and I don't usually make reservations for Chops or Portofino's, but when we do, we really enjoy it. It's nice for a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday. The main dining room head waiter will make a special event out of your meal also, if you make him or her aware it's a special occasion. There's a Johnny Rockets also. It's $3.50 per person for all you can eat. I would suggest trying Johnny Rocket for lunch at least once during your cruise. There is a buffet called the "Windjammer" where you can have breakfast, lunch, and even dinner if you want. This is free. The main dining room offers breakfast, lunch, and the main dinner meal. This is free. The main dining room evening meal is assigned seating. All other meals server in the main dining room has open seating. Hope this answers your question...

Sonny
Old 08-31-2006, 06:59 PM

tanyababanya - you're going to love the Mariner. We didn't take advantage of any of the special restaurants, except Johnny Rockets. The main dining room is fantastic, and Johnny Rockets was a blast.

Be sure to catch the ice skating show. Best show on the ship!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks to everyone for all your advice in helping me plan this trip. Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a wonderful trip. I'll most likely have some more questions as the departure date comes closer, but until then, I'd really appreciate any other random tidbits anyone can come up with.
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 09-04-2006, 02:57 PM

Anyone going on this ship for the November 19th, 2007 sailing??

This will be my (and my hubby's) first cruise ever. We are really looking forward to it and most reviews are great (as well as pictures).

Cyd

Closed Thread

Tags
9280, 9284, cabin, images, liberty, mariner, miriner, navigator, photos, pics, sea, seas, suite