Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2006, 01:51 PM

Hi Dave,

The cruise was wonderful in every way. The staff, the cabins, and the food were all excellent. The ship was immaculate and they accomodated us in every way.
We are used to traveling on our own, so I didn't love every port, but it was still all great!
My 16 year old was a little out of sorts as far as ship activities, but he found plenty to do. My 20 year old daughter and her cousins of the same age, managed to stay out late enough.
It may not suit some folks, but the families with younger children really had their time on the ship enhanced by being able to communicate. We travel with a group of 40 or so family members. We come in all shapes and sizes. We have 2 handicapped family members. They got along very well. We all had a blast with each other and with the folks on the ship.
Our cabins were spacious enough, but the balcony was lost on me, because I am a "fraidy cat." I was able to stretch from the door to the rail without letting go!
My husband has a high stress job, but I can tell you...I love cruise boat Jim! He was really able to relax.
Thanks for all your good advice!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the report! I love my balconies. I often find myself sitting out there (with a drink usually) thinking deep thoughts and just feeling the peace of the sea. I also have a high stress job and cruises allow me to totally unwind.

Here's to Cruise Boat Jim!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:53 AM

The ship also has phones in the public areas, so if you don't take walkie talkies, it would be possible for your children to use a public phone to call your room and check in with you if you are in the room earlier than they are. Our ship had a public phone by the teen disco so that my kids could call me a couple times during the night to check in with me.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:03 PM

Since September 2004 low-power GMRS radios and dual-standard GMRS/FRS radios have been approved for use in the U.S. and Canada, giving additional channels. Since tourists often bring their FRS radios with them, and since trade between the US, Canada, and Mexico is of great value to all three countries, the Mexican Federal Telecommunications Commission has authorized use of the FRS frequencies and equipment similar to that in the US. However, dual-mode GMRS/FRS equipment is not approved in Mexico, so caution should be exercised in operating FRS devices purchased elsewhere. FRS is an American description. In Europe, a similar Service with the same sort of licensing restriction is PMR446 having eight Channels in the 446MHz range. Thus one cannot legally use the FRS Radio in Europe or PMR446 in the USA. Further, some Caribbean nations use the GMRS frequencies for government or security purposes. Use extreme caution outside the US or Mexico, otherwise you may have an unpleasant experience with local authorities, including fines or confiscation.
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast Repo - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 AM

Well, I for one, very much appreciate the suggestion of finding/using Walkie-Talkies with a vibrate feature. I'm equally concerned about bringing my two children along... VERY concerned about their safety (especially given the rash of cruiseline passenger issues of late), but I also am glad to be respectfully reminded of an issue I wouldn't have thought of. I would appreciate other passengers having the same forethought. Would be a shame to pay thousands of dollars for a vacation only to find the obnoxious "beeping and chattering" coming out of a handheld box to disturb a relaxing afternoon in the sun.

Thanks for the heads up, Lightsluvr... I didn't find your response/tone to be indelicate nor inappropriate to the circumstances.

:-)

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, epic, fcc, good, license, recomended, ship, ships, slim, talkie, talkies, type, walkie, walkiwe