Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Hi--we're getting ready to book our first cruise on the Navigator or the Mariner. We would greatly appreciate any help deciphering the cabin "ratings"--we know we want a balcony--but are unsure of the position on the ship and what would be the best. i.e. starboard, front, back, etc. I have read reviews where people had lots of noise from the kitchen below, etc, and would really love to avoid problems like that. Any help appreciated--i.e.specific cabin #s! Thanks!!! Sue and Ryan
Old 05-14-2006, 06:21 PM

My two favorite locations are center and aft. I like the aft most because of the large balcony. I also like the bump out in the center. I never had a noise problem. Here is a picture from a bump out balcony >
http://www.sonnyv.smugmug.com/galler...5569414/Medium

Here is a picture of an aft cabin balcony on the Navigator>

http://sonnyv.smugmug.com/gallery/26...1393649/Medium

You will be able to navigate around to see other pictures. Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:44 PM

Thanks--can you fill me in on the lingo please? I don't know what aft means, and where is the bump? Also, what about wind issues for a balcony? Is there a better side than another? Thanks!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:11 PM

SonnyV Thanks so much for sharing those pictures. I will be going on my first cruise and am trying to learn as much as possible. I am dumbfounded by the beauty and size of the ships!

Add Your Caribbean Trip Review
Old 05-14-2006, 10:17 PM

The aft in the very back of the ship. The "bump-out" where the sides of the ship extend out. This is by the elevators. It doesn't matter which side you're on as far as any wind issues.
I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Next weekend I'll be on the Freedom of the Seas so I'll be posting a lot of pictures. They are only going to be 120 passengers so pictures taking should be a snap

Closed Thread