Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 02:53 PM

We are looking at wanting to book a cruise possible in the fall. As a teacher my dates are very set and with only 3 days at MY discretion(one of which will be to take son to college) we have to be specific about the trip. We have been to the bahamas, Belize, and Cozumel. We live on the east coast. Hubby has been to Bermuda, not real impressed to go again. We would prefer to go south rather than North (ie Canada- New England) As we search we are having problems finding correct dates to where we'd LIKE to go- Costa Rica, Panama, South America, Central America. To name a few places we wouldn't mind going. We could handle a repeat DAY in Belize or Cozumel as we barely scratched the surface last time.

My question is are all cruises listed WAY in advance? Do they ever add itineries , except for those way out? Is there any chance one may appear or will we always be searching through the same cruises? Right now NONE will work and we are really bummed. The only ones we can afford (hubby is addicted to suites) go to the Bahamas or Virgin Islands when I'm out of school and go to where WE want when school is in. Any ideas? We'd LIKE to stay with RCCL but actually have searched ALL cruise lines with no luck.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 AM

This sounds like a perfect problem for a good travel agent who specializes in cruises. For this year, all the itineraries are posted, for next fall, I know Princess and HAL have not posted theirs. Good luck in your search, but if it were me, I'd be searching for a good travel agent and let them be the one to find the perfect fit.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:58 AM

I was surprised to read you didn't enjoy Bermuda. I can't help but wonder how long you were there and if you really explored the island. I found Bermuda to be one of my favorite cruises. Bermuda is full of things to do. There is so much history to explore, botanical gardens, zoo, water caves, beautiful beaches, watch the glass blowing, climb the light house, hiking trails, and much more.

As for dates itineraries are released they vary per cruise line. 12-15 months is common, Carnival has itineraries out through 2009. While you mentioned you would like to stay with RCI, Carnival has the Exotic Western leaving weekly on Sunday out of Tampa. It visits Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Roatan. Due to the growing popularity of Europe, cruise lines are putting many of their ships over there from mid April until Fall. However; you should be able to find a 7-day cruise that fits into your schedule in the Caribbean.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 AM

I don't think there's much chance of the itinerary being changed on any cruise line. You didn't mention a specific date, and you said you have 3 days at YOUR discretion…did you mean 3 weeks? Concerning the affordability: Could your hubby rough it a little and settle for a balcony cabin? Have you considered an eastern or southern cruise? I think a cruise would be a fantastic vacation, reguardless of the destination.

Sonny

Old 05-29-2008, 05:44 PM

Well it is 3 days. But that is 3 extra days other than school holidays. So we get 2 weekdays for Thanksgiving. So I can clip on the weekend and 3 days one side or the other. Chistmas we have like 6 days and then I have a weekend and 3 days. Christmas is tricky b/c they all run into Christmas itself and prices go up 4x as much.

Hubby may take a balcony cabin but we still have problems finding something.

Hubby is the one that didn't care to return to Bermuda. He said it was ok but pretty much a nice beach. He has had a stressful year so I'd like to go where he would enjoy. He also does not like to have too many cruising days and the Bermuda trips have several of them.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 PM

If you would be willing to fly to San Juan you could do a southern Caribbean cruise on the Adventure. The ports of call are: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Oranjestad, Aruba; Willemstad, Curacao; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; San Juan, Puerto Rico.

$1,549 pp for a junior suite. Sails on Nov 23rd which is a Sunday. I haven't a clue what airfare would be.

Closed Thread

Tags
blog, puerto, rican, scurvydogs