Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 05:59 PM

I'm a barber in North Carolina and was curious about the barber shop on board of the freedom ship? I was really surprised to hear they had one. I wonder if they really are barbers and if they are regulated the way we are here in the states. Has anyone had experience with it? How much are haircuts and shaves? We charge $13 for each here in NC.

Thanks,
BarberGirl Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-07-2006, 07:06 PM

Linda, I've seen the barber shop on Freedom of the Seas but never went in, so I don't know much about the rules and regulations to which they may be subject. I've seen people in there getting a shave, complete with hot towels on the face, and they've all looked very happy!

Sandy
Old 09-07-2006, 07:21 PM

Hi, just so happens I took a picture of the Freedom's barber shop. If you care to see it click HERE.

Sonny
Old 09-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Sonny,

I remember the taller barber in your photo. Like many people, I didn't go inside but stood out in the promenade and gawked. For some reason I think the barber shop is run by the same vendor who does the spa treatments. I thought I heard that barber speak with a British accent.

Linda - I'm sure they are not traditional barbers, but more likely trained hair stylists or beauticians playing barber. I did see the whole treatment though - the hot towels, men getting shaves, etc. The barbers had order pads and wrote down what the person wanted before starting. No doubt to ensure the cruise card was properly charged!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wesnlin:
I'm a barber in North Carolina and was curious about the barber shop on board of the freedom ship? I was really surprised to hear they had one. I wonder if they really are barbers and if they are regulated the way we are here in the states. Has anyone had experience with it? How much are haircuts and shaves? We charge $13 for each here in NC.
If you want to take a look inside this Barber Shop, Go to the Virtual Tour onboard Freedom at; www.freedomoftheseas.com - And visit the royal promenade - It's absolutely recommanded!

Closed Thread

Tags
barber, barbershop, barbershops, caribbean, carribean, cruise, crusis, line, lines, royal, ship, ships, shop, shops, work