Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:22 PM

I recently read a post that the 3rd level interior rooms and hallways smelled like a sewer. I am taking daughter in March on Rhapsody and am booked on 3rd level. Is this something I need to be worried about and request another level?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:37 PM

I went on a cross Oct. 30-Nov. 3 on Monarch, and had a third floor outside cabin. They seemed to use some strong spray in the corridor which made me feel sick. It may be that they use this throughout the ship, but I did not notice it elsewhere. Next time I am going to book an obstructed view room, midsection, on Deck 8 for about the same cost.

The ship was much nicer than I expected, not quite as luxurious as Celebrity Mercury or Golden Princess, the other two ships I have been on. Know up front that the staterooms are very small. However, the shower is good, and the storage area is adequate (store empty suitcasesunder the bed so as not to take up storage area. The food, service and entertainment were very good. And even though the staterooms are VERY small, the beds, pillows, and Egyptian cotton bedlinens are wonderful.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:04 PM

I've noticed an occasional foul oder on some ships while walking down a corridor. Especially on older ships. You know it's something to do with the sewerage system. Probably in the venting. Just think of all the toilets you pass by while walking down the hallways... The only thing worse is being in an elevator with a old lady that's wearing cheap perfume.

Sonny
Old 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM

any issues with the Navigator? Gonna be on the ^ deck.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:31 PM

I've noticed an occasional odor on the ships. It is usually after they have had to work on the sewer system when someone has tried to flush the wrong items down the toilet and when they do that its usually after they forgot to lower the seat. The Fantasy was the worst for this. I have noticed it on the Sovereign normally towards the back of the ship when shes in port and normally from deck 7 up. I even noticed it on the Radiance and the Mariner in about the same areas.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 AM

We noticed it occasionally on Voyager as we walked down the hall but in a very small area.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
3rd, allure, cruise, floor, good, reviews, seas, ship, smells, thid