Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 09:26 AM

Well after my very long and very anxious wait I have just returned from my 2 week cruise on the Independence around the Med. My first ever cruise. There were some good points but alas there were also some bad. If there is anything you would like to know about the experience I will answer honestly, so be careful what you ask

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 AM

Hi
I have a few questions which i hope you can answer
thanks
We have cruised beore but never with RCI
We are sailing on th 15th October 11 night canaries. if you did the Canaries any tips on port excursions must sees etc.
Is their a sushi bar onboard
Do they do an adult soda card
what nights did the Formal nights tend to be
Was thre a themed night eg black and white Hawian etc
Have you wrote a reveiw that I could look up or did you find any sites that had great info before you went
Thankyou in advance for any replies

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
hi could you please explain the bad points?
Was it to do with the ship or the itinerary.
Just that we have been on the liberty which is the same class of ship and was perfect in everyway.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:06 AM

Anybody got answers to these questions thankyou

Old 08-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Administrator

I can answer a couple of the questions. The adult soft drink package is $6 per day, plus 15% gratuity. So it would be $75.90 for your 11-night cruise. Two formal nights on an 11-night cruise, seven casual nights, and two "smart casual" which really means casual. RCI has theme nights but my experience is they don't make a big deal out of it. It really depends on the itinerary. For instance, we didn't have them on our Alaskan cruise this past June but I have seen tropical and country-western nights on Caribbean cruises.

Sushi is available at the Jade buffet which is part of the larger Windjammer buffet restaurant. It isn't a sushi bar though. The Monarch Of The Seas is the only RCI ship with a dedicated sushi bar.

Looking at your itinerary, I'd expect the formal nights to be on your first full day at sea (October 16) and then on the evening you depart Lanzarote (October 21). I don't know for sure but these are quite likely.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:34 AM

Thankyou Dave Good surname if we ever meet i will buy you one

Old 09-01-2008, 07:03 AM
the mum- Welcome back from your cruise! Cruises can have both good and bad sides to them, it sounds as if you enjoyed more good than bad, so long as the good exceeds the bad it must have been a marvelous cruise. Shipboard life is far different from life ashore. Please consider sharing your experiences with us-we are all cruise addicts here and we love the cruise reviews!

Most importantly-Start planning your next cruise while you share your experiences with us! It really works!

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, canarys, caribbean, drinks, formal, independence, jade, night, nights, packages, reviews, royal, sea, seas, ship, sushi, theme