Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2004, 06:52 PM

We're sailing on our 1st cruise (Majesty Aug 23) and since this is my 1st cruise, I was wondering... I was told they take your luggage to your room, but they leave it outside your door, not inside? This is not a risk? Also, considering the fact we can't take irons, what is the suggestion for the suits/dresses for formal night? Do you take them in hangers or what? Any responses are greatly appreciated since I am clueless to all this! Thanks!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:52 PM

We're sailing on our 1st cruise (Majesty Aug 23) and since this is my 1st cruise, I was wondering... I was told they take your luggage to your room, but they leave it outside your door, not inside? This is not a risk? Also, considering the fact we can't take irons, what is the suggestion for the suits/dresses for formal night? Do you take them in hangers or what? Any responses are greatly appreciated since I am clueless to all this! Thanks!
Old 08-12-2004, 04:25 AM

Yes, your luggage will be outside your door. I would suggest you take any valuables in a carry-on that you will be able to take onboard with you. I also pack whatever I might need to get me through the first afternoon/early evening in the carry-on, so I do not worry about when my luggage is delivered.

A small travel steamer works well for getting out the "packing wrinkles" of clothing. Also, I often do not get my formal wear dry-cleaned before the cruise. Pack it as is, then have it dry cleaned/pressed using the ship's service. It is then crisp and clean for formal night. Cost is similar to what I would pay at home and it is certainly more convenient.

Hope these suggestions help -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-08-2004, 07:38 PM

Congratulations on booking your first cruise! I too was alittle worried about leaving luggage outside the room when they are bringing it to us and on the last night, We have cruised seveal times and never had a problem, like the last poster said leave anything that you have valuable in your room and in your carry on luggage. Be sure to keep out clothes for the first night at dinner since your luggage my be late getting to you especially if you have early seating.We take something in carryon for that just in case.Also any meds that you will need keep them with you.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:25 PM

Royal Caribbean puts your luggage in your room, Carnival and NCL do not they leave it in the hallway outside your door. Since Carnival is known for upgrades I would not want it locked in someone elses room anyway. But no its not risky everyone onboard is in the same fram of mind you are in ohing and ahing and trying to figure out 2 things where is thier room and where to get something to eat. Actually on our RCI cruise our luggage beat us to our room. Actually after 6 cruises the thing that worries me more than anything is when you put you luggage outside your door at midnight try to get so sleep wondering how long your bags are going to be sitting out there.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest

Closed Thread