Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2005, 09:25 PM

My family of 3 will be on the Mariner of the Seas sailing on July 17th. I booked our airfare through the cruise line. I have since found out that I should have booked the air on my own. My final payment is due within the next week and I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to try and drop the air-on. Also if I am to book the flight myself, does anyone know a reasonable hotel in the Orlando area that offers a free shuttle to the hotel and to the port in Cape Canaveral. What would be the best way for me to get back to the airport from the port and what would be the approxiamate cost?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:01 AM

Because Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport are so far apart, to my knowlege there are NO hotels in Orlando that offer free shuttle to the port. There are hotels in the Port Canaveral area that offer free shuttle service, but you would need to find transportation to those hotels from the Orlando airport.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2005, 06:15 AM

Forgot to mention - Mears transportation, CruiseConnection and OrlandoShuttle are propably your best bets for getting to and from the Orlando airport.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2005, 06:32 PM

I would also suggest renting a car in Orlando and driving to Port Canaveral. We rented our car through Budget and they had a free shuttle to the pier. It was very easy and only cost $65.00 for a 2 day rental.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:47 PM

We live in NC but have a timeshare at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe resort right on Port Canaveral. It is a wonderful resort and worth going a day earlier to spend time there. It has a HUGE indoor childrens play center, movie theatre, putt-putt, many pools, hottubs, lazy river, water slides etc. They have a beach and you can watch the ships go in and out from there. Even though ours is a timeshare they still rent rooms or condos. There are shuttle services from the airport to the resort, you can ask them about the shuttle service when you call them.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
air, cruise, fare, questions