Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 02:53 PM

Hi! We are cruising for the first time on June 15. Being in Florida already, I know what to expect when we stop in Key West, but what should I expect in Cozumel? We aren't divers, or snorkelers or anything like that. We basically want to wander around and, I don't know, kind of hang out (for lack of a better word)...any advice?? Also, our children (8 and 10) will be with us. I haven't found much info on Adventure Ocean and was wondering if any of you have used the program...what do I need to know? Any help will be SOOOOO appreciated!!!
Thanks! Steph

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2006, 06:39 PM

You can thoroughly enjoy Cozumel without leaving the port itself. Aedventure Ocean is awesome! You kids will have the time of their lives.

Tom
Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 AM

Cozumel is a great place, the swim with the dolphins is awesome, Xel-ha is great for water sports (even if you don't snorkel which is wonderful there), and if you like history the ruins in Tulhum are so interesting. Tom is right, you don't have to leave the port, but exploring is fun. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 PM

Thanks so much for your responses!! I can't wait until until the cruise!
Steph

Old 05-22-2006, 01:32 PM

Just so you know - Xel-ha is on the mainland which can be reached by a 45 min. ferry that pretty much runs every hour. When we were in Cozumel at the end of March, the dolphin swim was not available on the island due to hurricane Wilma but open on the mainland.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-07-2006, 07:48 PM

For our family, this was our 4th Cruise and we just got back from Cozumel June 4th from the 7 day cruise from Galveston, Texas. Cozumel was badly beaten up by the Hurricane Wilma. It looked bad but there were some a few good beaches. The Hurricane just this week finially fixed there dock for the RCI Rhapsody to be docked instead of tendered. My wife, child and I loved Paradise beach which is located about 5 miles east of where the boat is docked. Its about a 5 dollar taxi ride. The kids can have a great time, Umbrella, chair, table, food, massage for you or husband, Kids can climb in the water on these large pyramides in the water which very cool. We had a great time. ITs called paradise beach and it was really paradise. I truly recommend this.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:21 AM

Oh! Thanks for the information. Is this one of the beaches on the excursion list?? I see one that costs $28. adult/$18 child, could that possibly be this same beach (it doesn't say Paradise Beach in my book, it says Playa Mia Beach Break) or is the one you went to different (and possibly free except for taxi, etc). The pyramids sound so cool! I know my kids would love it. I'm going to do some research on this. Thanks again, Steph

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, pyramids