Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 04:32 AM

I a looking for some insight as to the security of Adventure Ocean...anyone have any good/bad experiences?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 AM

Jerseygirl -

I didn't have any problems with it on Enchantment in August. In fact, I thought it was a pretty good system. They had a sign-in / sign-out book on a desk that right in front of the door as you walked in. In fact, it was difficult to move around the desk to actually get into the room area where the children where - which I am sure was by design.

The entry room was also the room where the younger children (3-5) were stationed - so an RC staff person would see you come in and could challenge you if you walked around the desk without stating your intention. The older children where in an area right next door through a full glass door - only way into it was from the 3-5 year old area.

When we dropped off, we had to sign our child's name, age, room number, who was authorized to sign them out, and whether or not the child had the authority to sign themselves out of the club - which of course we said No to for our 8 year old. For parents who wanted to be immediately contacted if there was an issue, they would sign you out a beeper if you desired - we never did.

When you picked up, you had to sign your name and time that you were taking your child, and one of the RC staff members would get your child for you. I never tried, but the way the room was set-up, I suspect they would frown very heavily on any adult making their way into the room near the children.

My daughter only went to the club 3 or 4 times. She elected to do all of the shore excursions with us - so it was really only at sea that she was looking to go to the club. I know one time I picked up they asked to check my SeaPass card to verify my name. The other time they didn't - I guess maybe they recognized me and my daughter.

I was pretty comfortable with the whole process and my daugther loved it. She actually wished she had spent more time there.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 11-22-2005, 12:11 PM

We had three children (9, 7, & 5) attending Adeventure Ocean on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise. The security was exactely as Jerry described and I was comfortable with my children being there. (In general, I am not comfortable with other people watching my children.) My children loved the programs and attended often. They also had some activities which involve the parents and the children.

In general, I think RCI does a great job on their children's prgram and that your children will have a wonderful time.

One additional item I know they were very strict on was that all children had to be completely capable of using the bathroom on their own, as the staff members could not accompany them to the bathroom or assist them with the bathroom. The children's area has seperate bathrooms used only by the children.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:41 AM

We just returned from a 5 day cruise on Enchantment of the Seas and I completely agree with the other posters. I have 4 children, 10,9, 5, and 3 and I was very comfortable leaving them for a few hours at Adventure Ocean. One aspect that I loved was the younger groups, 3-5 and 6-8, were in a room that was flanked by large windows so you could look in at any time and see what was going on. All the kids loved it, the counselors were very friendly and made it a point to walk around the first day and introduce themselves to myself and the kids. They offered a beeper, which we took but never needed. Overall, it was a great experience. The dining process in the main dining room is kind of lengthy, so I would take the kids to Windjammer early, like 6:30, get them dinner, and drop them off at Adventure Ocean around 8 and then pick them up after dinner. Please feel free to contact me DLR2623@yahoo.com if you want any further information, I have copies of some of the Adventure Ocean schedules for the 3-5 and 9-11 groups.

Closed Thread

Tags
activities, adenture, adventure, bathroom, caribbean, childrens, cruise, job, kids, ocean, program, rc, rccl, review, reviews, royal, security, sign