Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 AM

I came back from my first cruise on July7-11th on the Majesty of the Seas. I just wanted to tell all of you that it was great!

Right before dinner we got a card slipped under our door saying that we were upgraded to a private table by the window. This was really a plesant surprise since my husband doesn't really like making small talk with people he doesn't know. I know some people complained that the ships were not offering enough of food choices during dinner but I have to disagree. Each night we had 6-8 different choices for starters, main course, and dessert (5). Our waiter even brought us extra dessert!!!

I'm not sure about the other ships but the majesty has a restaurant called the Compass Deli. I found that was my favorite place to eat for lunch. They had the best wraps and sandwiches. I just wished we would have eaten there sooner.

I'm hooked, I want to go on another cruise.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:55 AM

Welcome back, kteach. It's great that you enjoyed your cruise so much. Do you want to try a longer cruise next time?

Compass Deli sounds great. That wasn't on the Majesty the last time I sailed her. Sounds like a great addition.

Sandy
Old 07-31-2008, 11:58 AM

Hi kteach,
Glad that you enjoyed your first cruise on the Majesty. Coincidentally, that was our first RCCL cruise back in 1993; and since then we have taken 7 more with Royal plus a few on Princess. We truly love RCCL, and are preparing for our first Med. cruise on 8/21. Cruising is the best!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:04 PM

I also agree! Our first cruise was on the Majesty in April 2007. We, too, loved the Compass Deli and wished we had found it on day one or two. It is kind of tucked back behind the Windjammer. We came home and booked a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Mariner this past April. If you liked the Majesty, you will absolutely love the Mariner! We have booked out next cruise on the Adventure for next April. I would say that we are hooked!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM

We just returned yesterday (Aug 2)from a B2B on Majesty. We did the same in January and just love that ship and her crew! Outstanding service and seem to want to go that extra step to please.

The Compass Deli is awsome...especially the pico de gallo quesadilla!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 08-05-2008, 06:50 AM

Welcome back Kteach, so glad to hear you had a great time and are hooked like the rest of us. Get busy booking the next one, it makes the debarkation blues so much easier.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 AM

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. We are due for our first cruise in Jan. on the Majesty. If you have any suggestions or tips I would LOVE to hear them.

Closed Thread

Tags
compass, deli, hard, majesty, private, seas, table