Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

I see a future where you are herded on to planes to stand for hours on end, crammed into buses and loaded on to the ship like cargo. But that's at least 5, 6 years away. Happy travels!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
I used to look forward to St. Thomas because of the cheap liquor, but these days it just isn't worth the hassle if I am flying home after the cruise.

Given that two airlines have now decided to charge for a second checked bag (United and US Airways - more to follow), and will no doubt follow up by being more stringent on carry-ons, it will be easy to lose whatever savings you gained when you bought the booze.
The liquor stores in St Thomas must be hungry for business lately.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The liquor stores in St Thomas must be hungry for business lately.
I'd usually go across the street from Havensight to Cohen's Liquors. They'd take my order and deliver it to the ship and then I'd go to the adjacent bar and have a beer on the porch while my wife looked at souvenirs.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Ok I don't like to drink and I only drink socially
But I don't think buying alcohol is oly for sving money I never buy something I can buy on Puerto Rico I always look for the kind you only find on the islands and bring them back home
For example the rum from curacao or the spicy rum from barbados...

Thanks Dave for the info on st. Thomas I will look for it on my next cruise there is a chocolate rum I can only find it on st. Thomas and I will like to bring a bottle...
How do you order it??
Just pay for it on full and they bring it to the ship??
Can they do that with no problem with the Cruise line?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Administrator

CF,

It has been a while since I bought booze in Charlotte Amalie, but the process was that you can either go through the store with a cart and get what you want, or you could just tell a clerk. They would box it up and then truck it over to the ship with your name and cabin number on the box or boxes. It would be secured by the ship and then delivered to your cabin on the last day. All the bigger liquor stores have (or at least had) contracts with the cruise lines for this.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, buying, caribbean, carnival, cruise, flying, home, majesty, package, puerto, rico, royal, seas, ship, ships