Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2004, 07:46 PM

I have a 12 year old daughter that I adopted. Obviously the name on her birth certificate will not match any current ID she has. Do I need to bring proof of adoption with me when we go on the cruise?

We will be on the Voyager of the Seas.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:46 PM

I have a 12 year old daughter that I adopted. Obviously the name on her birth certificate will not match any current ID she has. Do I need to bring proof of adoption with me when we go on the cruise?

We will be on the Voyager of the Seas.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:40 AM

I would suggest your travel agent contact Royal Caribbean so this information is already in their system pre-boarding and verify their policies regarding this issue. As there are many adopted children who cruise everyday, I am sure there is already a policy in place. It's always better to be safe than sorry, so if you have proof of adoption, I would certainly bring along a copy, just in case there is any problem.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-01-2004, 08:12 PM

The easiest thing for you to do is get her a passport with her new last name. If you adopted her, she is your child. An American passport is all the information they need.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:27 PM

My little sister, who we adopted from China has now been n four cruises with us (one RC and one celebrity) and they all have had the same policy. All we needed was a valid US passport. Make sure you have one of these; they may accept something else, but you will inevitably need the passport for travelling in general, and it makes things go very smoothly.

~*Jen*~

Closed Thread

Tags
adopted, caribbean, carnival, child, children, cruise, daughter, document, documents, guidelines, line, passport, requirement, requirements, royal, ship, travel