Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2003, 07:41 AM

first time cruiser ever! any hints on sea sickness, if i get sick? what is the weather like in Aug 24? We are going on our first cruise ever, with 3 children, 11, 13, and 15, will they have a blast?

anything will be helpful. We are all excited!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:41 AM

first time cruiser ever! any hints on sea sickness, if i get sick? what is the weather like in Aug 24? We are going on our first cruise ever, with 3 children, 11, 13, and 15, will they have a blast?

anything will be helpful. We are all excited!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:57 AM

There was a whole series on seasickness recently, with lots of helpful info. Go to "General Cruise Chat" and click on that main subject title - it should bring up a list of topics recently posted there, and the seasickness one should be near the top.

You didn't say where you are going, so answers to your weather question may be more difficult to get. Never any guarantees - probably hot with variable clouds, assuming you're cruising the Caribbean. Be prepared for rain or sun, and remember the sun in the Caribbean is quite strong, so sunscreen is essential.

Your kids should have a great time - Royal Caribbean has lots to offer those age groups. Have a great time!
Old 06-12-2003, 11:16 AM

We always take a preventive Dramamine or similar motion-sickness pill each morning. We have been on 4 cruises and have never even felt seasick. Maybe this will work for you as well.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:17 AM

we are leaving from Port Canaveral to Naussau, and CoCoKay. It sounds lovely, can't wait!
Old 06-18-2003, 03:44 AM

This is the best motion sickness medicine that you can get over the counter. No sleepiness and 1 pill last for 24 hours. You can by at any drug store.

Tamera
Old 07-23-2003, 05:20 PM

Get a script from you doc for Transderm patches. They work great. No pills to worry about. You use one patch every three days.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:22 PM

Just sailed in mid July 03. I didn't bring anything on board thinking I'd be fine. When I got there, the movement did bother me only a couple days. And to my surprise, they offered FREE Bonine pills at the Guest Relations Desk. So no worries, just grab some on board if you're feeling it. They did make me a little drowsy when I took them, so maybe take only half of the pill at a time.

Also, there were great programs for both kids and teens. They seemed to be having a great time.

Weather in August should be fine. Humid and hot, maybe scattered showers, but nothing that doesn't feel refreshing. Possible hurricanes, but the boat will redirect the course if in direct path.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:06 PM

Thank you soo much for your kind advice.
We are extremely excited to be traveling in less than two weeks.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:04 PM

aloha! My gf and I will be on that same cruise as well! Hopefully I won't get seasick, but i might be the lad leaning over the port side deck!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribbean, cruise, cruises, entire, hint, motion, royal, sea, seaick, seasick, ship, sick, sickness, time