Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 11:02 AM

When I went on Princess, the Solarium Pool area was for adults only, is this the same for RCL? I am going on Mariner on 2/19
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Yes, the solarium pool on the Mariner is for adults only. However, adult is defined as 16 and older.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Presuming most 16 year olds don't cry or have temper tantrums- that is good news! Plus, 2 of us are educators and like to avoid kids as much as possible while on vacation!
Thanks for the quick reply.
Allison
Old 01-02-2006, 01:35 PM

Have been on the Splendour in November. Loved to be in the Solarium and in the Jacuzzig.
A young couple came with their child, about 2 years young and after a while someone from the crew came along and asked them friendly to leave the Solarium, that the other passengers would not be disturbed.
I must say, I like that, also on the Brilliance and the Jewel. It is such a wonderful place to relax, to read a book, or to have nice conversations in the Jacuzzi and not to be disturbed from crying kids, or jumping kids in the pool. I think, itīs really important to have a place only for adults.
Marita

Old 01-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Administrator

allyvan,

On our Mariner cruise of 2004, I always found the Solarium to be quite sedate. I guess the teenagers who ventured there felt the vibes and either complied or left and went to the other pools.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:09 PM

I am all for no adults in the Solarium. Apart from your cabin this seems to be the only place where you can chill out with no children. Three cheers for those staff members who make sure it is adults only.

I am so looking forward to my cruise next June and relaxing in the SOlarium.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Administrator

>>I am all for no adults in the Solarium.<<

I assume you mean no children in the Solarium.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 AM

Oops, sorry yes meant no children, adults only and I bet you if we wanted to go into the childrens section and "do our thing" I guess one or two parents would have a thing to say..
Old 01-03-2006, 10:59 AM

Just a point of information for possible future cruising.....

This summer we sailed on the Serenade of the Seas to Alaska. When we had previously sailed on this ship, the Solarium was, indeed, blissfully adult only. However, on an Alaskan trip, even in July, the temperatures around the outdoor pool were very chilly. Therefore the captain decided to have a children's swim time in the Solarium between noon or 1PM and 4PM. I was very disappointed, but I was outnumbered by many parents and their very many children.

At 4PM every day, saints in the form of RCI staff came and cleared the pool and pool area.

Lana
Old 01-03-2006, 11:15 AM

Yes I can understand them doing that - but I have read somewhere that they do if the cruise is a cold one.

Thank goodness, I am due to cruise the Med.

On this subject though, can it get too hot in the solarium? Or is it a respite from the sun outside? I take it that you cannot really sun bathe in the solarium?

Closed Thread

Tags
adult, adults, caribbean, carribean, info, pool, rcl, royal, solarium