Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 01:51 PM

My husband, four year old son and I are sailing on the Navigator of the Seas on Dec. 24. The website told me children under 12 could eat in the specialty restaurants (Chops and Portofino) as long as the reservation was before 7pm. So I tried to book on line, but no matter what time I picked (5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm), it told me we could book for the two adults, but not for the child because he did not meet the age requirement. I called RCCL and a woman told me the on-line system was new and had a glitch in that it could not book children, we would have to book only for my husband and I, then try to increase the reservation to three people when we got on board. I called a second time and the woman I spoke with told me the website was flat out wrong and that children under 12 could NEVER eat in the specialty restaurants! help, does anyone know the real story?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

The last time I was aboard a ship with the specialty restaurants was last year and the age was 13 and above at all times. I'd say they have modified that to allow for early family dinners (the before 7pm thing) since then, otherwise the website wouldn't say it. But then the RCI website is not especially impressive to me and is filled with errors and glitches. It was never 12 years old, so the second person you talked to was wrong. Welcome to another fun thing - getting different answers each time you call them.

I think the first person's info is correct. Make the booking for two on-line and then go to the specialty restaurant as soon as you board the ship and have them adjust the reservation.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:54 AM

Maybe your son won't want to accompany you. Friends just returned from a multi-generation cruise and one couple's young children were so enamored with the kid's programming they had to bribe them to leave and dine with grandma and grandpa (sort of the point of the multi-generational vacation).
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, children, chops, cruise, dining, discounts, forum, kids, rccl, restaurant, restaurants, royal, specialty