Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 06:27 AM

Tom & Marita,
Thanks for your replys. What you say about tipping makes alot of sense. It might increase our experience. We are booked on what they call "on guarantee", which means worst case scenario is Interior room. BUT if they all sell we will automatically be upgraded. As it looks now it is such a great sale they might sell out. Either way we have a room. Should we try on check in to be upgraded. Can you slip whomever is checking you in a tip and ask if they can upgrade us? I would love to hear more about this.
I think I will book all my own connecters for air. I'm flying from Newfoundland, Canada, so it is much easier for me to book my own.
Again I'm sailing on the Grandeur of the Sea. Dress Code is something that concerns me. I and my hubby dress nice but will they actually be in gowns and tuxedos? Would a dress and suit be okay on what they call formal nights?
Also, the excursions, I've read some other reviews on this site and people are saying to book your own excursions for the most part as it will be cheaper, what are your thoughts on this.
I look forward to your reply.
Mollie
Old 06-19-2005, 06:43 AM

Hi Mollie,

you have not be concerned about the dress code.
My husband took 2 nice blazers on the 14 night cruise with some nice ties. And only on formal evenings he weared the blazers. On the other night he weared a nice shirt, somtimes combined with a tie or a vest.
I had some elegant evening outfits, but no gowns and no tuxedos. Some people love to wear it, but it is not a problem if you don`t do.
Hey, woman like to dress up a little bit elegant in the evenings, but a nice blouse or shirt can be perfect too.

I think with a tip, you canīt get an upgrade. But sometimes, when the ship is not booke out, you can change the cabin, when you are not satisfied. I arranged that for some german passengers, they had problems with their cabins.

So, ask if you have more questions. But doīt forget I am german, sometimes making mistakes in your language. (Love Newfoundland, have been there with the Norwegian Sun on an Indian Summer Tour).
Marita

Old 06-19-2005, 09:48 AM

A few friends have said to me OH you are going in hurricane season? IS this something to be concerned with, Sept 30-Oct 9, 2005.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:13 PM

Molie, there are certain things you can tip for and expect favors in return, but the hotel manager is not one of them. You should bheck once you get on the ship if there are upgrades available, If so, they will offer a price for hte upgrade.

A suit will be just fine for formal night. But, if you guys want to have some fun, have your husband rent a tux for one night on the cruise and go totally formal.....get pictures taken.

Yes, do your own air...but plan on arriving at least a day before the cruise, use a local travel agent and buy travel insurance.

Don't worry about hurricane season. There can be a storm anytime that you travel and the cruise line will do everything possible to make it better for you.

Have a great cruise!

Tom

Closed Thread