Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM

I'm getting married next June, and my future hubby and I have decided on a Western Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon in July. We've been together a long time and have enjoyed cruises on our own before, so we've decided to take our honeymoon with my parents, who will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary! My fiance's parents will be joining in on the fun also, as well as my brother and his girlfriend. So my question is: our group will be celebrating a wedding and a 25th anniversary... can we expect Royal Caribbean to do anything special for us? I read something on the website about getting a free cake; is that all?

Edit: Don't know if it makes a difference, but my fiance and I as well as my parents are C&A members.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Notify your T/A or the cruiseline if booking direct of all celebrations. They will do something special (nothing much but nice to be recognized) for each occasion on the night of the cruise of your preference. Usually celebration should be scheduled for sea days if possible regardless of the actual date. You don't have to worry about being back late from excursions or too tired to enjoy that way.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Oh yeah, congratulations on the wedding and to your folks on 25th.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Thanks, Neil. I appreciate the reply.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:19 PM

We renewed our vows on The Navigator last March (extra $300) and got wined and dined EVERY single night. Everyday there was some new gift, coupon etc. in our room and the night of our anniversary they totally spoiled us. This year we are cruising again on our anniversary and although we don't want to renew our vows again we are going to buy the romance package. It is worth every dime of that money to feel so spoiled ALL week!
Congratulations!
Cyndi
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 09-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Thanks Cyndi! I think I'll have to surprise my folks with the romance package.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM

Every cruiseline is different, but Princess has a page on their cruise personalizer online form for special occasion information. If your anniversary falls within a few weeks of the cruise, you give them the date you want to celebrate. Since ours was Aug. 13, and we boarded on the 16th, we gave the 17th as the celebration date. A very nice bottle of wine, complimentary from Princess, was waiting for us in our stateroom with a congratulatory note, and on the 17th the waitstaff authomatically brought us a delicious cake. Could be that Royal Caribbean does something similar.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SD Cruiser:
Every cruiseline is different, but Princess has a page on their cruise personalizer online form for special occasion information. If your anniversary falls within a few weeks of the cruise, you give them the date you want to celebrate. Since ours was Aug. 13, and we boarded on the 16th, we gave the 17th as the celebration date. A very nice bottle of wine, complimentary from Princess, was waiting for us in our stateroom with a congratulatory note, and on the 17th the waitstaff authomatically brought us a delicious cake. Could be that Royal Caribbean does something similar.
You were very lucky! We celebrated our 25th anniversary onboard the Crown Princess in July and on our anniversary day we got three balloons hung up outside our door and a mini cake. It was nice - but a bottle of wine would have been even nicer!

Kim
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 PM

Do they do anything for birthdays? We sail out the day of my birthday? I will take anything..free drink, a balloon...

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, anniversary, caribbean, carnival, carnvial, celebrate, celebrating, cruise, line, rcl, reviews, royal, special, suprise, wedding