Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2004, 08:46 PM

My husband and I just booked our first cruise with RCCL on Radiance of the Seas for Dec. 5, 04. We plan to fly into Ft. Lauderdale (lots cheaper) a day ahead, but haven't yet decided whether to stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. I read somewhere that someone had suggested taking a shuttle from Ft. L to Miami.

Can you give me a cost and the name of the shuttle? Or any suggestions on which hotel to stay at (cheaper & nice is better)?

I've also seen some postings about transfer vouchers which can be purchased from the cruise line. Are these only from the airport to the port or also from your hotel to the port?

I think those are the only questions I have for now. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:46 PM

My husband and I just booked our first cruise with RCCL on Radiance of the Seas for Dec. 5, 04. We plan to fly into Ft. Lauderdale (lots cheaper) a day ahead, but haven't yet decided whether to stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. I read somewhere that someone had suggested taking a shuttle from Ft. L to Miami.

Can you give me a cost and the name of the shuttle? Or any suggestions on which hotel to stay at (cheaper & nice is better)?

I've also seen some postings about transfer vouchers which can be purchased from the cruise line. Are these only from the airport to the port or also from your hotel to the port?

I think those are the only questions I have for now. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2004, 06:38 PM

If you are working with a Travel Agent, she or he will be very helpful with helping you with your questions. As for flying into Ft. Lauderdale, we did the same thing, then took a free shuttle bus to our hotel, then the next morning took the free shuttle bus back to the ft. lauderdale airport, then hopped onto a coach bus to take us directly to the ship in Miami. I would definately recommend this option, the shuttle bus directly to the ship was arranged through our travel agent.....I believe it was a USA Coach bus. There was an additional fee for this round trip shuttle service, but very much well worth the $$$, we were dropped off right at the ship, and they got our luggage off the shuttle bus, and made sure it went right onto the ship which made things so much easier for us!!
In fact we are about to make the same arrangments again for a cruise we are taking in April. As I said, if you are working with a travel agent, she should be able to give you recommendations on hotels in ft. lauderdale that are cheap. I do know however, that you need to purchase those round trip transfers in advance, we purchased ours directly through our travel agent. Hope this helps!!
If you are not working with a travel agent, then I am not quite sure how you go about purchasing the shuttle transfer

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruising, day, flying, fort, ft, hotels, lauderdale, line, miami, norwegian, port, shuttle, stay