Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2005, 09:49 AM

How much luggage are we allowed to carry on board. me and my girlfriend both received two luggage stickers. I am wondering are those for the ones we drop off at the luggage valet or does a tag have to be attached to the carry on bag also?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 AM

Your carryon does not need a tag.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:05 PM

I always carry on a backpack with lots of electronics and a large garment bag with enough stuff so that I can enjoy the cruise just in case I never see my checked bag again. When you get to the cruise terminal, stay with you bags until they are tagged and checked with one of the porters. Be sure to tip them a vouple bucks because they do not work for the cruise line, but the port authority. Watch to make sure that you bag is put on a cart and taken into the terminal before you proceed to check yourself in.

Tom
Old 10-23-2005, 06:28 PM

Tom, I just read the list of what you and your wife bring in your carry on and I'm thankful you wrote the article. Your wife's list seems like it would take a fairly large bag. Does she pack this for the airplane or just for the cruise?

Old 10-23-2005, 06:50 PM

We always fly into the port of departure a day early, so this gives us time to repack our bags if need be. But she is able to get it all into a carry-on and has done so on cruises in the past where we were cutting it tight.

If your carry-on is getting too large, then cut whatever are the least important items. Joanie is a small lady, so her clothes do not take as much space as someone of a larger size. The whole idea is to pack as much as you can to avoid the impact of lost luggage.

Tom

Closed Thread