Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 06:31 AM

Hello everyone! We are leaving for the Mariner, Eastern Caribbean, on Dec. 10, can't wait!!! I have heard conflicting reports on the time you can board. I know the official times say 1:00pm, but I have also heard 11:00 or 12:00. Any recommendations?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Mariner's process at Port Canaveral is quite fast and easy. We have arrived at port on RCCL's own transportation from Orlando airport at 11:00am, and were onboard by 11:45 with no problems, as long as you have your forms already filled out (you can do most of them on line. 1pm is the time that the cruise line says that your stateroom will be available to you after the last people have gotten off and the staff has been able to clean your room and set it up for you to arrive. Have you cruised before? If not, many people on this site will have some great information for you to ease your first trip. Just ask.
Enjoy yourselfs-you're gonna LOVE Mariner of the Seas and Captain Johnnie!!!!!!!!!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:04 AM

Hello,
We will be on that same cruise- and we can hardly wait!!!!!
We will be there around 10:30 or 11:00. I don't care if they make us wait, I would rather wait there where I can look at the ship.
Only about 2 more weeks!!!!!!

Palladium Resorts
Old 11-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Administrator

It is quite common for boarding to commence around noon. Later in the afternoon usually avoids the crush of the initial crowd, but we always get to the ship early (around 11am) and endure the crowd since it also puts on the ship earlier and gives us a full afternoon of cruise! The thing with 1pm is primarily tied to the cabins not being ready until then.

When we cruised on the Mariner in 2004 we got to the pier around 11:30 and were aboard the ship by 12:30. I don't know if they have cleaned up their act any, but the Port Canaveral security can be rather annoying in their approach to traffic control. On our cruise they closed the port for 20 minutes which caused an epic traffic jam. They then re-opened it with a requirement of only allowing one vehicle in as one vehicle left. We had a resourceful cab driver who took a service entrance and pulled right up to the baggage drop off. His enthusiasm garnered him a $40 tip for a $10 fare.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:25 AM
I've only been on two cruises before, bith times on Mariner at Port Canaveral. I'm not aware of the problems Dave56 has had, but I'd think that they may have been isolated, but still, I guess he had the problem, so it obviously happened. I'm a retired cop, and the only thing security has asked me both times if I was armed (I carry a retired badge, and they saw it with the x-ray machine-I wasn't). At least security looks at what they scan, but I've found that it was less invasive than the air lines. However, he IS correct in that traffic is like downtown at rush hour-a bloody mess, that they deal with fairly well.
Enjoy yourselves!!! You're going on a cruise!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-24-2006, 10:26 AM

Hi everyone

Well I have taken 14 cruises on RCCL ships out of Port Canaveral and we could board at 11 am. I have never had a real traffic problem but it seems that if you board between 12-1 the baggage drop off area can be a challenge and those that pay their for their parking with credit cards will slow down parking a lot. It is a lot quicker if you pay with cash for parking so keep that in mind.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-24-2006, 05:26 PM

It all depends on customs. It there is a problem, you'll have to wait until they clear the ship. I've already waited until 2PM before boarding. It's kind of rare but it does happen. Usually it's with the ship's crew.

Sonny
Old 11-28-2006, 06:52 PM

I would suggest you arrive there around 12noon

Closed Thread

Tags
actual, boarding, canaveral, caribbean, cruise, passengers, port, ray, rccl, royal, time, times