Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 04:29 PM

I'm a first-time cruiser and I'm sailing to the Bahamas on July 17, 2006 with my two sons (ages 13 and 17)We're aiming for an interior stateroom, since the only oceanview available is on a deck with an obstructed view.

First off, do you think an interior stateroom would be big enough for a family of three?

Second, which deck would be your recomendation to book with? The choices are decks three, four, five, and six. I'm a light sleeper so I can't tolerate certain amounts of noise.

Thanks so much in advance!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:29 PM

I'm a first-time cruiser and I'm sailing to the Bahamas on July 17, 2006 with my two sons (ages 13 and 17)We're aiming for an interior stateroom, since the only oceanview available is on a deck with an obstructed view.

First off, do you think an interior stateroom would be big enough for a family of three?

Second, which deck would be your recomendation to book with? The choices are decks three, four, five, and six. I'm a light sleeper so I can't tolerate certain amounts of noise.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:35 PM

Hi! I've been on 3 cruises and about to go on my fourth this December. I've been in a room with window and to what I like to refer as the "closet" rooms....

To answer your questions......I think that a stateroom of any size would be fine for a family of 3. You spend very little time in your room, especially if it doesn't have a window. There is one very crucial item you NEED to pack when sleeping in a "closet" room....a NIGHTLIGHT! We read about that on a chat log before we went on our first cruise. My husband is **** when it comes to having EVERYTHING, especially the just in case stuff. Anyways....the night light was the BEST thing we could have EVER brought. When you are in a room without window.....you can't see your hand in front of your face when you turn the lights off. Also....bring a power strip. That was another great tip we found. You are limited to like 2 outlets in your entire room! The power strip will more than triple what you have in your room.

Last.....I would book my room on the highest floor I could. I found that I enjoyed being higher up....I like to walk off my meals and take the stairs, but that is just my personal preference.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Stephanie
Old 04-19-2006, 06:28 PM

The inside rooms on the Sovereign are approxiamately 119 SQ FT. It will be ok, but don't expect space like in a hotel. It should be ok for three nights.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 PM

Thanks a lot for both of your responses!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 PM

Hello,
Any Sovereign class ship have smaller staterooms than other class ships. As far as 3 in a room goes you will have to book a triple and may not be able to do that with an inside stateroom unless it's an "E" catagory. Your travel agent can check that out. As far as noise goes, an outside stateroom may be more quiet. I was in an inside stateroom on the Majesty ( a sovereign class ship )last Oct. and didn't have a noise problem.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:01 PM

hi there! the 3 of u should be fine in one cabin; i shared a cabin w/my husband and 2 kinds before and it was fine! just have to time it out before dinner w/shower and dressing; if u can get the cabing on the higher deck and closer to the mid ship; personally i orefer the outside cabins, but inside is fine (and cheeper!) have lots and lots of fun!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Casey from Florida:

Old 04-20-2006, 12:37 PM

I have been on Sovereign and her cabins are quite small. You should be fine if you pack wisely - not too much luggage as that also has to fit in your cabin, and remember when you first see the size of your cabin that other than sleeping and changing you really won't be in it too much.

Don't worry about a window or not. If this is your first time cruising I would take the cabin closest to the middle of the ship no matter what deck it's on. The middle is the calmest.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread