Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2005, 06:11 PM

New to this forum, so please bear with me for a while. Our family has cruised twice w DCL ( had great times ) have heard so much about RCCL that we want to sail with them next time out.

So... kid & teen (10 & 13) programing is very important to us. Is there anyplace where I can get detalied info about the activities offered onboard a voyager class ship?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-08-2005, 07:20 PM

Hello, and welcome to cruise chat. You will find very knowledgable cruisers here to help you with any question you have. Ask as many questions as needed. RCCL has an excellent youth program, as does Carnival lines. RCCL's web site will give you very valuable info.

David Landry
Old 05-08-2005, 10:13 PM

Also check out our sister site: cruisereviews.com
where you will find lots of helpful info.

David Landry
Old 05-09-2005, 04:38 AM

Thank you, this looks like a very informative site. Actually I did stumble accross the cruisereviews site before I found this one. I did not read many in depth, only picked out a few random reviews so far. (after all RCCL has twenty ships WOW!)My first thoughts were that most the reviews I read contained varrying amounts negitive feedback. This really surprised me and has prompted me to investigate more before I make our next cruise res.

I can only judge against Disney CL, which on our last cruise handled over one thousand kids registered in the kid clubs, and did it very well. That said I don't think DCL will fill the needs for our next cruise as our children are now older. (IMHO if DCL has a weakness it is in the teen programing)

RCCL is my first choice as I have heard very positive things about them, and was surprised to hear negitives posted from cruisereviews. Guess I have a lot of reasearch ahead of me, and will take all the help I can get from more experienced cruisers.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:01 AM

careycrew,
I do not think there is a better youth program than RCL's for children (particularly the ages of your 2 children). The Voyager Class ships are also perfect for them - In addition to a stellar youth program AND facilities, the ship itself offers all sorts of other venues to keep the children (and the parents) happy.

As for the program: The 3-17 yr. olds are divided into 5 age groups. One of your children would be in the Voyagers (ages 9-11) and the other would be in Navigators (12-14). Each has a separate daily program and then there is always "The Living Room" and "Fuel" the 2 teen hang-outs.

I did a mega-review of the Vision of the Seas, Feb. 1, 2004 and included a daily program for a typical day at sea for each of the age groups in the Adventure Ocean Program. Although it is not a Voyager Class ship the acitivites and schedule are somewhat similar fleetwide - so that would at least give you a fair idea of what is in store for the children. Here is a link to the review (just scroll down to the pictures of Adventure Ocean and you will see the links to the individaul daily programs):

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...ftheSeas34.htm

Also, if you check out Tom Ogg's mega-review of the Navigator of the Seas and Joanie Ogg's brand new review of the Explorer of the Seas on the CruiseReviews.com site you will see some great pictures of the Youth facilities onboard the Voyager CLass ships.

Hope that helps-
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-09-2005, 03:10 PM

nancy,

Thanks for the passing along such useful info. Will make it a point of checking those reviews in paticular.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

Go to a website like travelocity.com and get the ship you want.Then click Cruise Info and then kids.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, day, ocean, typical