Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 09:25 AM

I have one more question...did anyone try to go on the Bridge Tour after Sep 11?
I know different cruise companies used to give tour of the bridge and the galley before, but I guess now because of the security they don't do it. My husband relly wants to see the bridge and its our anniversary, this would be an awsom surprise! My problem is I have no idea where to find out about it!?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:19 AM

I've heard conflicting stories about this. Princess still offers galley tours, but not bridge tours. I've heard if you are a Crown & Anchor top level they will do a bridge tour, but I don't know if that is really true. I don't know if that holds true for Princess as well. Maybe one of our moderators would know the answer. It would be an awesome surprise. Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:44 PM

One of the perks of being an "Elite" member of Celebrity's Captains Club (10+ cruises) is a private tour of the bridge, but have not been offered the same tour as a C&A Diamond member on Royal Caribbean.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-19-2006, 05:16 PM

Last year I sailed aboard Brilliance with my parents. Since they were "Diamond" members we received an inviatation for a bride tour. It was very impressive. So at least as of 2005 they were still allowing bridge tours.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:24 PM

I have done the bridge tour since 911 and i have actually ate dinner in the officers mess on the Sovereign of the Seas, I also was allowed to drink in the crews lounge. It was very cool. I know Sonny has been on the bridge on the Sovereign also because it is in his pictures on his website. They will not always allow tours because of the Homeland Security Rules during certain alert status'. And even if you are a diamond member or Captains club member, if Homeland Securities alert status is above a certain color they just will not let you and it happened to me last year.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-22-2006, 05:04 PM

Hi,
Bridge tours are one of the perks for being a "diamond plus" member of the Crown and Anchor Society. I was invited for a bridge tour Friday but didn't take it because I was with friends that were only diamond members and I couldn't take them with me. To become a "diamond plus" member, you have to complete 24 cruises.

Sonny

Old 10-23-2006, 02:02 AM

Only the captain decides, if he allows a bridge tour or not. On the Radiance, even Diamond or Diamond+ members were not allowed to visit the bridge and got only an invitation for a galley and behind the scenes tour for the theatre.

On the last TA november 2005 on the Splendour they offerede about 6 bridges tours every sea day. They had a list in the library and you could choose the date, you wanted to visit the bridge together with about 20 other passengers.

oppis

Old 10-23-2006, 05:56 AM

oppis, are you saying that it doesn't matter if you are a diamond plus member?

Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 AM

Hey Sonny

I was informed on one of my cruises on the Sovereign that the Captain can only allow bridge tours if the alert status from Homeland Security is below a certain level. I had a chance to go on one and even had the invitaion in hand and at the last minute they had to cancel it. However, I got to go on one on the next cruise.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Yes Sonny,

there was no difference for the bridge tour.
The diamond plus members only got an invitation for the galley tour and the behind the scenes tour in the theater.

Captain Loklin did not allow any visits on the bridge, not for gold members and also not for Diamond Plus members. Itīs his decision and he decided: no bridge tours. I talked to him about that, and even if he is one of the most open and relaxed Captains in the whole RCCL fleet, in this part he does not make any exception.

Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, caribbean, carnival, cruise, give, radiance, reviews, royal, scenes, seas, ship, sovereign, tour, tours, viator, visit