Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 07:12 PM

We are planning a medit. cruise on the Splendor of the Seas and we have been told that the rear of the ship is a better location for balconies and we do not know if that is accurate. We would be on Deck 7 or 8. Any help is appreciated. Craig1
Old 01-09-2006, 10:32 PM

We sailed on Serenade of the Seas in December. We had a cabin with balcony on Deck 10 forward on the ship. We were happy with that location. We heard there is less motion felt in the rear of the ship. We were just very glad that we did get a balcony and thoroughly enjoyed it. Happy sailing.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:55 AM

Hi Craig

Apparently according to these boards and others, the aft cabins are the ones to go for. By aft I mean those one right at the back of the ship facing the wake.

I cant talk from experience but after reading lots of differents threads on this particular subject you will see that most people will only sail if they have an aft.

I have one booked for next June on LOS med 14 nights deck 7 and am really quite excited about it. Apart from the spectacular view the balconies are larger than the side ones.

The only downside (apparently) is the long walk to the elevators which are located mid ship and I guess this could be a problem for us girls who wear high heels. Guess I shall just have to walk barefoot on those "special nights".

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, carribean, location, room, royal