Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 AM

Does any one have tips to have the best time next July on the Jewel of the seas.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 AM

We just returned from our Jewel of the Seas cruise. In order to have a good time, all you have to do is show up!

The ship is pretty and very clean. We did have lobster one night. They also served prime rib. My husband was disappointed that they didn't serve Creme Brulee (his favorite dessert). He mentioned it to the head waiter and the next night, they brought him two Creme Brulees, even though it wasn't on the menu!

We especially enjoyed the outside area behind the Windjammer. We sat out there, had drinks, and enjoyed the views. It usually was uncrowded and comfortable. We also enjoyed having a caramel coffee at Latte-tudes. Yum!

I don't know your age or what interests you have, but there are so many activities on board that you will find plenty to keep you busy.

I have no doubt that you will enjoy the Jewel as much as we did!

Nadine
Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 PM

Nadine

Thanks, we are a multi-age group, (two 65, two 40, one 13, and one 10), what can you tell us about the ports, can we do them at our own o should we take tours.

We are thinking to take a tour in St. Petersburg.

Thanks again

Ricardo
Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 AM

Our ports were: Labadee, Cartengena, Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman.

What ports are you going to?

We asked several children on the cruise if they were having fun, and then all said that they were. There are activities for children of all ages.

Nadine
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 AM

We are going to: Copenhagen, denmark; Helsinki, Finland; Oslo, Norway; St. Petersburg, Russia; Stockholm, Sweden and Tallinn, Estonia
Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM

When are you going to the Baltics ? My family of four are leaving on June 10th on RCCL-you can e mail me at tutorpro@aol.com

Quote:
Originally posted by RACG:
We are going to: Copenhagen, denmark; Helsinki, Finland; Oslo, Norway; St. Petersburg, Russia; Stockholm, Sweden and Tallinn, Estonia
Old 01-27-2009, 07:38 PM

We are going on July 16.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 AM

Wow! What a wonderful itinerary. I'm jealous! I can't help you with any of the ports but the whole trip sounds great.

Nadine
Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM

If the children complain, just send me a plane ticket and I'll be happy to take their place I know they will have a marvelous time, there is so much to do, both on board and off.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:58 AM

I have a 21 year old daughter who has a degree in health & fitness who will gladly nanny for you on your cruise! ) Seriously, the kids will have a great time. On the first evening there will be a get acquainted time for the kids programming (they can go for 1/2 hour during the entire cruise, or many hours a day--no committment necessary) that will outline what they have available. This is worth going to even if they don't think they want to do it. My kids did what we did (pool, reading, movies) on the "at sea" days and never used the youth programs, my friends children had to be coerced to have dinner with the family--they were having too much fun to leave. The teen will have their own age appropriate activities (teen movies, dancing, scavenger hunt, arcade game time)you will get separate cruise compasses (itemized lists of activities) in your room for each age group, again they can join in as much or little as they choose. If you don't get a schedule tell your cabin attendent their ages and he will get these for them.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
brulee, creme, cruise, jewel, jeweloftheseastips, lobster, movies, norway, norwegian, panama, reviews, sea, seas, serve, tips