Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Anyone else annoyed by the new RCI website which has the music starting every time you go there? I do not like web pages that default to some video or audio thing starting to play.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 AM

Somewhat annoying.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 AM

I think RCCL has a long way to go on their website. The new one was a step backwards.
-Splendor
- Seranade (2007)
-Adventure of Seas
NCL - Spirit
- Sun
- Majesty
Carnival - Spirit
Princess Sapphire (2010)
Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Frankly I am not impressed with many of the cruise line websites.

Did I ever tell anyone about the incident this past summer on RCI's site, when I suddenly found myself in someone else's account and their booking area? I had access to this person's cruise bookings, personal info (as in passport numbers, address, etc.). I contacted RCI about it and they got back with me for details. I never heard back.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 PM

So that's how you know all about my cruises...

Sonny
Old 01-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Sonny,

It was amazing. I was looking at my own account to see if they had upgraded me to platinum yet. I clicked the back arrow and was stunned to see the name change to some woman from Illinois (I think it was Illinois). I had full access to her info. If I was a hosehead I could have screwed up her booking and stole personal info.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:06 AM

Dave,

I agree with you and bigR - the new web site is a step backwards. As for the music, I put my computer's speakers off while surfing the net. But of course the music still takes time to load in that case.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-02-2007, 05:43 AM

I also agree with the new webdesign. I also turn off the sound, while surfing the net, like Raoul does. And as soon as Im on RCCLs website, I skip the intro.
BTW Ive booked two cruises for next month, but Im not able to see my reservation when I log in. I cant subscribe for a Meet&Mingle party, I cant make the online-check-in. And RCCL is not able to find out whats wrong.

Best regards
Marita

Old 01-02-2007, 07:41 AM

I like the music - must be that I am a first time cruiser and find the lingo catchy. I find my self humming the lingo - my wife is scared - our cruise is still 48 days away.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 AM

Its funny you brought up the music. A few weeks ago I thought I would discretely surf the web during a bout of insomnia. When I went to the RCI site I woke the whole house. Seems my daughter had been listening to music earlier that day on the computer and the sound was turned way up.

I have also noticed, for over two months now that I can't get to the shore excursion brochure that is downloadable. At least its suppose to be. I have tried on three different computers so it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end.

Closed Thread

Tags
brochure, computer, cruise, designs, grandville, line, mi, rci, reviews, seas, seranade, travel, website, websites, woth, wrong