Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 06:31 PM

Sounds like fun, Dave! My better half LOVES flying. He has flown all over the world many times with the Air Force.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Rick,

MCO is Orlando. It stands for McCoy AFB, which is what the Orlando airport used to be.

I've been getting into the airport abbreviations lately. I am getting ready to take private pilot training.[/quote]
Old 08-06-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
I've been getting into the airport abbreviations lately. I am getting ready to take private pilot training.
Good luck! Don't worry about airport abbreviations. You'll be needing the book where you can look up all the zillions of general aviation airports around the country. My son flies a Cessna 177RG and is about to make his 4th 'cross country trip from Seattle to Ticonderoga, NY.

With ships like Genesis coming out, some day you may be able to land on a landing strip right on the plane, like an aircraft carrier!

Sandy
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 AM

I called Art's Shuttle. They will pick us up. That's a relief!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:57 AM

I just booked the shuttle from MCO both ways using the ship's shuttle, booked online with the cruise ship hope we didn't get ripped off by doing it this way, but having never been on a cruise before, I thought play it safe then sorry
Old 08-06-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Rick,

MCO is Orlando. It stands for McCoy AFB, which is what the Orlando airport used to be.

I've been getting into the airport abbreviations lately. I am getting ready to take private pilot training.
Have fun learning all those codes. I like giving them my own names. MCO is "Mickey Mouse"
Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM

I echo TrvlPro ~ As soon as you board the ship at the beginning of your cruise, go to the purser and request a priority disembark. We were in this situation on our last cruise, and were among the first to disembark and made it to the airport for our noon flight in plenty of time.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 PM

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Rick,

When you do Dave, plan a cross-country to FCM by way of MDQ, HOP, SLO, VLA, SPI, and RST. If you manage that, Carl and I will take you for Beer and Barbeque! Heck, I'll even buy you breakfast.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Thanks Ken. I'd like to have a faster airplane for a longer journey like that!

Speaking of MCO ....pretty user-friendly airport, no doubt because of Disney World providing most of their passenger traffic. We have a couple direct flights from HSV to MCO - these in a Delta Connection RJ which means cramped airplane but at least it avoids ATL.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Another good thing about MCO is that it has a Delta Crown Room. My AMEX Platinum card gives me free access and it sure is nice to get out of the crowds and have a couple free drinks and some snacks while waiting for a flight.

Closed Thread

Tags
1200pm, arriving, canaveral, close, cruise, flight, flights, lax, mco, port, time, transfers