Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Hello everyone. Our return flight leaves MCO at 12 noon. The ship docks at 7:00am. (Best we could do.) We intend to try our best to carry-on our luggage. Does anyone think we are cutting it too close? Or do we have a safe enough cushion? Thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 04:49 PM

I'm assuming you're referring to a flight home after returning from a Port Canaveral cruise. Noon is a little tighter than I'd like personally but it should be fine (even with the 45 mins to and hour) commute from pier to MCO. Just be sure you're among the first off. Either bring your flight itin and provide a copy to the Purser and request priority disembark or do the self assist as you mentioned and carry tour own bags off. Take a cab, it's quicker than a transfer. You've got time for it not to be an issue but don't waste any time. If you're late arriving at the airport they'll give your seat to a stand-by passenger.

Cheers, Neil
Hate to show my ignorance, but what is MCO?

If it is reasonably near the dock it should not be a problem. If you dock at 7:00 you should be off by 10:00 easily.
Administrator

That is mighty close but still doable provided that ship isn't late docking, Customs is not acting ****, and your ride to MCO is on time and swift. Lots of ways to miss your flight, but it is still doable.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Rick,

MCO is Orlando. It stands for McCoy AFB, which is what the Orlando airport used to be.

I've been getting into the airport abbreviations lately. I am getting ready to take private pilot training.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Rick, MCO is the airport code for Orlando International.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:19 PM

TrvlPro, Dave and cruise chat friends: Has anyone used a private shuttle service or taxi out of Port Canaveral? Any recommendations? Also, approximately how much are these services, please? Thanks, Toni aka Fivepoints :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
That is mighty close but still doable provided that ship isn't late docking, Customs is not acting ****, and your ride to MCO is on time and swift. Lots of ways to miss your flight, but it is still doable.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:00 PM

I dug around in Cruise Chat and found
Dave's recommendation of "Art's Shuttle". Art's office is closed now but I will call first thing tomorrow A.M. just to get an idea regarding their policies. I go to work the next day, Monday, and can't miss the flight!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Thank you Dave and Neil; I know a lot of them but couldn't place MCO.

Dave, good for you! My sister use to fly 150's and 172's; we've been all over So. Cal.. Great fun! I love small planes; you actually feel like you are flying. Best of luck in your new venture.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Me thinks we'll be doing it in a 172. The 152 (and older 150) is too tight for a man of my girth! I have a good mentor too. A friend who is a former instructor and a current commercial jet pilot. He steered me to a local intructor who is like me....procedure oriented and no nonsense.

But to keep things on topic......perhaps I'll fly my family to MCO someday for a cruise connection!

Closed Thread

Tags
1200pm, arriving, canaveral, close, cruise, flight, flights, lax, mco, port, time, transfers