Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

Wow, what a generous offer, and then to have it pulled out right from under me; you're a cruel dude....

Really, after all those cruises, your wife still overpacks? Does that mean all my efforts at training my wife (24 years today) to pack lighter will be for naught?

Now I am really depressed.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM

Sonny, why would she feel the need to pack light, she has a schlepper traveling with her. Mine does too and she she never packs light. The purses she buys for carrying every day look like some peoples carry-ons. Glad I at least don't have to tote that thing around.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

By the way GC Happy Anniversary!!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

I tend to look at our baggage for a cruise as akin to something you'd see in an old movie - with a Dutchess boarding a steamer bound for Singapore with trunks and hat cases piled high. We never use everything. It is silly. Yet we'll be doing it again in a couple weeks.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned

That is classic imagery, Dave. Your flair for descriptive imagery is unparalleled.

Thanks, carlg.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
That is classic imagery, Dave. Your flair for descriptive imagery is unparalleled.

Thanks, carlg.
It helps that I often confuse my managers at work by answering their questions with metaphors.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 PM

CONGRATS on your anniversary! Are's isn't until August 22nd. It will be number 40. My advice would be not make any arduous attempt to train your bride of 24 years to do anything. Just a "Yes Dear" will suffice. Oh, another thing; I'm taking her on the Mariner for our anniversary. It's like still being on our honeymoon. Too bad you don't have a booking number to give tonight... or do you?

Sonny
Old 06-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

Thanks.

We're booked for the Mexican Riviera next March; she already knows it. But I am researching the Panama Canal for our 25th, which she does not know. The only problem for us working stiffs is the time away from work. The taxpayer doesn't like it when I'm gone for too long.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 PM

While we are on the anniversary issue, Ours was the 27th and what did I do? I was loading our bags from the Mariner to our car, as we were coming back from our cruise. However for her B-day, we will aboard Freedom. I had to change our dates since I had a conference to attend on the week of Sept 24th. So, I believe it will work out better. Oh, It is officially my B-day today.
GC- June is a great month. Happy Anniversary!!!

Sonny- You'll enjoy the Mariner. We sure did. I am going with your recommendation and doing the Freedom in Sept. Instead of the Carnival Liberty. I a giving away two new ports and an extra day of sailing, but I think it will be worth it. On the Mariner, we enjoyed our sea days as much as port days. As a matter of fact, I liked sea days more b/c wife spends less $$$$.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Glad you enjoyed the Mariner. I've been on her a couple of times and always had a great time. Happy Birthday and Anniversary!

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bus, canaveral, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, mco, port, reviews, royal, service, shuttle, transfers, transport