Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 03:45 PM

Has anyone used Royal Caribbean's shuttle service from Orlando airport to Port Canavera? I don't normally fly in the day of a cruise; I have to on my Mariner cruise though. I believe the price for round trip is $64 per person. Just would like to know if it's a hassle waiting for the bus to fill up before getting under way. Does anyone have any input?

Sonny
Old 06-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Sorry Sonny, no experience here. I'd assume you are screwed as far as waiting if you are among the first to board a new bus.

Of course, that price is about half of what it costs for a taxi round trip.

BTW, thanks for the tip awhile back about Top Shuttle. I booked them for the Liberty in 3 weeks. Very nice people to work with. Good communications.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:27 PM

Hi Sonny, in my experience the transfers are a hassle everywhere. I'd take the cab even if it were twice the cost. But if you're not cruising alone and share the expense of the cab it should come out about the same as the per person transfers. It's about a 45 minute ride from MCO to the pier.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:14 PM

Sonny,
You can always rent a compact car and drive it to the port. They probably have a Hertz, Avis near by where you can drop the car off and be shuttled to the Pier.
I drive to Port Canaveral stopping in Ocala. Next time, we will be going 95 to St Augustine.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM

I've rented cars from the Orlando airport to the Port. They have free shuttle service to the ship after you drop the car off. You still have to handle all your luggage. A full size car costs less then $45 each way with Budget or Thrifty.

Sitting on a Greyhound bus for 30 minutes may not be too bad if you only have to handle your luggage once. I hate this part of cruising.

Sonny
Old 06-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Dave, let me know how you like Top Shuttle. Too bad they don't serve Orlando/Port Canaveral.

Sonny
Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

Maybe I'm clueless, but there's a problem handling luggage? It helps me justify all them thar calories I'll be ingesting on the cruise! I'll be catered to enough during my vacation.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:51 PM

I talking about hauling my luggage through the airport to the car rental, loading up the car, unloading the car; and loading it onto a shuttle. Sounds easier just to load it once onto a bus. Do we need a poll here?

Sonny
Old 06-04-2007, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
I talking about hauling my luggage through the airport to the car rental, loading up the car, unloading the car; and loading it onto a shuttle. Sounds easier just to load it once onto a bus. Do we need a poll here?

Sonny
I agree with you Sonny just from my one time experiance Load the bus and keep it moving.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-04-2007, 06:51 AM

I can't compare it to anything else but we did use the RCL shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral. They had an area near luggage claim that we sat in while waiting for the bus (and more passengers?). I believe we went to another terminal and picked up passengers also. Maybe we were lucky, but I don't feel like we waiting too long - maybe 15-30 mins.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bus, canaveral, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, mco, port, reviews, royal, service, shuttle, transfers, transport