Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Administrator

I think they were talking about the Liberty cruises that have already sailed this month. The prices were down around $400 pp for a balcony if remember correctly. Indy has some $700 balconies in January.

Huntsville International has the dubious honor of being the most expensive airport in the country to fly from. I just can't bear the idea of driving 100 miles north or south (Nashville or Birmingham) to save money. HSV is 15 minutes away. The thing is Southwest flies from both of those alternate airports and their fares to Fort Lauderdale can be mighty cheap. Some day I'll break down and try it.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:39 AM
We have Southwest up here also, both in Chicago and Milwaukee. Their real problam is that they only have 3-5 flights a day to Ft. Lauderdale, and none are morning flights-you'd have to go down the day before to take advantage of the prices. Now you have to cost of a motel and such-kinda makes it a wash either way you go
Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 AM

We've been on all three Freedom class ships...they are fantastic. You will have a great time.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 12-14-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
As low as $629 for a balcony. The way the economy is going, I believe the there will be other cruise discounts popping up. The air fare is the big spoiler for me.

Sonny
Thanks for all the responses. Like many have mentioned, the airfare is a killer. I am from Canada and I got quoted 690$/person for airfare. I have 4 people in my family, so just the airfare adds up quickly!

Once again, thanks for all the comments.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 AM

Transportation to the port in Miami is easier and cheaper than Port Canaveral. You may want to consider that in your decision.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 AM

We will be on the Liberty in a few weeks. I chose it because of the route that was available on our date and also the many, many activities available on the ship for our children.

I am also happy to say that we've been planning this trip for a year, so I was lucky enough to watch the airfare and jumped when I thought it was the best deal for 6 of us. We are flying out of Columbus, OH to Miami for $179 each (round trip). Not too bad considering Royal Caribbean had offered to provide airfare for $530 per person... ha!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 AM

I just got $280 RT fare MSP to Ft. Lauderdale in late Feb--also got quoted a little less than than that to Miami for the same time--non-stop on Delta. Not sure how far you are from the Twin Cities, Sonny.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-14-2009, 02:34 PM

I'm a long way from the Twin Cities. I'll check out all the flight prices to Miami and let you know how I do. I'll be flying there in September.

Sonny
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM

I have been on both the Explorer and the Liberty. If you are traveling with kids the Liberty has more for them. We traveled with only adults and the pool and the h2o zone were really crowded with kids which left us to go into the solarium. Ithought the promenade deck on the Liberty was great. If I had to choose one now, traveling with only adults, I would choose Explorer!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM

If you cruise when kids are out of school you're going to find a crowded pool area no matter what ship you're on. The H2O Zone does keep the younger children contained it that area quite well. The best scenario would be to cruise when the kids are suppose to be in school. If you never cruised. Seeing as how you have already sailed on the Explorer, I would strongly suggest booking the Liberty of the Seas.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, balcony, carnival, cheap, cruise, difference, differences, freedom, independence, kids, liberty, newer, reviews, sea, seas, ship