Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 05:12 PM

We're booked on Freedom but it's one of the back cabins on the aft...not the corner but between the corner cabin and the grand suite. Should I change to a side cabin? I don't want to miss having a nice view. There seems to be so much space between the balcony and the end of the ship, and I feel like I'm missing out. I've always had a regular balcony and would hate to regret having had this room.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator

There is a good 20 to 30 feet of ship between your balcony and the edge of the ship. It is mostly open, but there are obstructions. You can still see out, but there are some limitations. These balconies have the benefit of being larger and quieter, with no wind to speak of usually. I feel quite cozy in the them. But if it bothers you enough to ask about it you probably should switch. The absolute best balconies on the ship are the aft ones on the outboard sides - they are huge and also have views that are not obstructed.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:48 PM

thanks Dave...I've made a few changes to our reservations already and I feel sooooooooooooo bad having to ask my TA to do this too. Thanks for the advice
Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM

Maybe this will help in any decision to change cabins...

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, bad, balcony, cabin, carbbean, caribbean, cruise, freedom, reviews, rooms, royal, ship, stateroom, staterooms, stay, switch