Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 02:17 PM

I hope some of you long time cruiser parents can offer advice on this one. Our daughter would like to know if Mariner of the Seas provides life vests or jackets for kids who want to swim in the pools and if so, how much do the vests cost? They have 3 kids 6 and 5 who aren't very good swimmers andd she is planning on bringing theirs, but hubby doesn't want to as they have enough luggage without toting life vests along as well. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks all
Old 05-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Administrator

To my knowledge they do not. I've never seen vests offered - either for free or for a charge.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:56 PM

Dave... I don't have first hand knowledge (yet...) but does the Mariner have a kiddie pool (one that isn't deep) so they can stand up all the time?

Other thought was to bring blow up type water wings. That way you can deflate them to put them in the luggage and still have somethin gfor them to wear.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Like Dave, I have never seen them offered on board, either. I agree with your daughter that they should bring their own vests. Not only are they great in the pools, they should also be used if they visit any beaches. Our son was once knocked down by a wave in Antigua and, while we were standing right next to him when it happened, we were glad he was wearing his vest at the time.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Jim,

I don't recall a kiddie pool on the Mariner. It was just the main pools for kids since the Solarium is adults only. The main pools are/were salt water - I say this because I was surprised to find fresh water pools on the Freedom Of The Seas which is a departure for RCI.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the replies. I suggested water wings but she doesn't like that idea so it looks like they will have to bring them. The kids all love the water and its not worth taking a chance, is it? As for the kiddie pool, I am sure I saw a picture of one in the Adventure Club area that is little kid size . Of course, it doesn't take much water for a child to drown in , does it. Thanks again everyone ; only 7 more sleeps till we leave for Toronto and then on to Orlando for the May 13th cruise and wedding . Whoohoooo
Old 05-05-2007, 05:30 PM

Yes, the Voyager class ships have a pool just for children in the "Adventure Ocean" area. This is where the water slide is. Click HERE to see a picture of it. Click on "NEXT" above the pool picture and you'll see the bottom of the water slide, which is right behind the kid's pool.

Sonny
Old 05-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

As always, Sonny has the definitive RCI answers! I just don't remember seeing the kid's pool on the Mariner, but then we didn't really tour the AO area since our son wanted to stick with us and he didn't use the kid's program - plus he was 10 at the time and already an expert swimmer.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Administrator

BTW, another question for Sonny.....did you get an invitation for a preview cruise on the Liberty?
Old 05-05-2007, 07:11 PM

Hi Dave, sorry to say I didn't get an invitation. I talked to a man on the Explorer who has 83 cruises, he got an invitation last week. Even if I did get one, I don't think I'd go. A two day free cruise isn't worth spending $600 on air fare to get there. You will be the first to know if I do get an invite.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
jackets, kids, life