Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2005, 02:11 PM

We were on the Navigator Halloween 05. We had 3600 passengers, 1800 of which were non-American. I hate to say it but the foreigners were very pushy and rude. I am retired from the USAF and have been in several countries. I usually understood their problems with us Americans being in their country or our Proudness (for lack of a better word). We are a free nation and are proud. But they were just rude and pushy. My wife, who is normally very conservative, went toe-to-toe with a lady from Spain or somewhere they speak spanish. Their group tried to cut in the debarking line after we had been standing in it for an hour. My wife informed her that the back of the line was around the corner and we had been waiting for an hour to get where we were. She informed my wife that she was a Platinum member and even showed her card to my wife. My wife exclaimed "then you need to get out of the poin line and find the platinum line". I was proud of her.

We got them back though. As we were waiting to clear customs, the agents told the americans to step ahead (past everyone else) to another line which was quicker to expedite the people who really didn't have to clear customs...THE AMERICANS!!!

Sorry for being so bold, but I was not happy with being pushed and cut on by someone who probably paid less than me to go on the cruise. I enjoy learning about other peoples customs, but would like the respect they demand from us.

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 12-22-2005, 02:11 PM

We were on the Navigator Halloween 05. We had 3600 passengers, 1800 of which were non-American. I hate to say it but the foreigners were very pushy and rude. I am retired from the USAF and have been in several countries. I usually understood their problems with us Americans being in their country or our Proudness (for lack of a better word). We are a free nation and are proud. But they were just rude and pushy. My wife, who is normally very conservative, went toe-to-toe with a lady from Spain or somewhere they speak spanish. Their group tried to cut in the debarking line after we had been standing in it for an hour. My wife informed her that the back of the line was around the corner and we had been waiting for an hour to get where we were. She informed my wife that she was a Platinum member and even showed her card to my wife. My wife exclaimed "then you need to get out of the poin line and find the platinum line". I was proud of her.

We got them back though. As we were waiting to clear customs, the agents told the americans to step ahead (past everyone else) to another line which was quicker to expedite the people who really didn't have to clear customs...THE AMERICANS!!!

Sorry for being so bold, but I was not happy with being pushed and cut on by someone who probably paid less than me to go on the cruise. I enjoy learning about other peoples customs, but would like the respect they demand from us.

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 PM

Mercedesno,

I too was on the Navigator for the Halloween Cruise. In fact I was the Buzz light beer can.
And also came in 2nd in the belly flop.

Your comments hit home. I don't know why but on this cruise many people cut into lines left and right. And while waiting for the elevators many would just push past or push into the elevators. Many times i thought sardines were lucky.

Every cruise is different. Not all cruisers are rude and pushy. But at times it seems they are in the same area.

But the cruise was wonderful.
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 12-23-2005, 04:24 PM

We remember you. We were TinkerBell and Peter Pan (everyone thought I was Robin Hood due to the beard and mustache). We have been on several RCCL cruises and never had this problem in the past. I guess it was the foreigners who are used to having to push their way to get what then want or need (Sorry that was rude of me). We really didn't appreciate their attitude toward us.

It was as if they figured we were push overs now that we were found vulnerable to foreign attack on 911. I am retired from the USAF and I was very angry that we didn't retaliate quicker and harder.

Sorry for getting off the path.

We are getting ready for our next cruise...Exployer of the Seas Feb 06. Can't wait. By the way Nice can. That was the first time I've seen it. Great Costume. I thought the Nasty Nurse that won was because someone in the judging group was hoping for some mouth-to-mouth later.

WB

S&M

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 12-23-2005, 07:42 PM

Thats funny.

Actually the Beer can was from Drew Carrie's show. BUZZ LIGHT. Was Drew's beer.

Someone had commented to our friends that they thought the Belly Flop contest and the Mens Sexy Legs Contest would never be found in Europe. Our friends said " My dad and cousin and best friends were in the contest, and we loved every moment of it"

But yet in the Med I do believe they allow topless sun bathing. Yet we frown upon that.

Our table mates were execellent. One couple was from Vegas, another from north of Vegas, and the other from England. They were very friendly.

Then we met a couple that were from Britian and he was in the Navy and they both owned a tavern. And again they were very nice. We had chatted with a couple from Sweden whom were very nice.

I guess it always only takes a couple to make it bad. I know in the Windjammer many people were cutting in the lines. When I was raised to wait our turn....

As you were in the Military. We wait in line for grub.

We will be on the Explorer on November 3.

Please let me know how you enjoy it.

Arvids
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/

Closed Thread