Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 AM
But dont any of you guys think that there is something that has to be left to the imagination. When I first boarded a cruise ship I couldnt believe my eyes, I had only visuals on screen and some photos and to see it in reality was great, I think I would prefer NOT to see the inside of the neighbourhoods etc, I like the surprise element, does anyone else agree?
Old 11-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I was watching live and it woos terrible. they had 30 sec. about Oasis and then will talk about something else for 10 min. I lost interest and I recorded. But even that was bad. they didn't show anything. Hopeffyle somebody is going to do better job, maybe Travel Channel with Samentha Brown ( she did god job with Freedom of the Sea)
Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Why bother doing the show from the ship if you don't show the ship? All we really saw was the two hosts climbing the wall, doing the flowrider, and then the woman host helped in the synchronized swimming show. I wasn't interested in their displays of athletic prowess.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:23 PM
do you think maybe they were apealing to a younger audience making out they're really cool with such things as flow rider and rock climbing wall, they're pretty fantastic if you havent cruised before. Or taken the time to look into cruising as holiday option.

It was all a little 'fake' I guess.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Administrator

corkgirl,

The thing is Good Morning America is on at 8am eastern time and 7am central time. The main Oasis segments were shown in the 9am hour on the east coast which is when most people are not at home. Younger people are either still sleeping (college kids with no morning classes) or at work or high school. The majority of people who could watch at that time are either retired or stay-at-home moms and dads.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:45 PM
The GMA showing was better that a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...but not much better...
They did show some of what we can expect for entertainment....Nice skating show, water show, Hairspray.....It was enough to make me go on her in the next month or so.....Maybe she is too big, but a cruise is a cruise:-)....Happy sailing to all of us...

Bob E
Old 11-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
corkgirl,

The thing is Good Morning America is on at 8am eastern time and 7am central time. The main Oasis segments were shown in the 9am hour on the east coast which is when most people are not at home. Younger people are either still sleeping (college kids with no morning classes) or at work or high school. The majority of people who could watch at that time are either retired or stay-at-home moms and dads.
ah ha now I get it, yeah well thats badly advertised then, although some sailings seem to be going up in price which would suggest people are booking!

Closed Thread

Tags
channel, oasis, program, seas, travel