Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 08:37 PM

Hey cruise chatters, well a month after my trip, I am finally here to let everyone know how it went! We went to the Caribbean on Mariner of the Seas. First of all, BEAUTIFUL ship!!!! Nice cruisers, nice employees, nice captain, etc!!! We left from Port Can. on Sunday- fairly easy process of getting on the ship. Our shuttle waited in a pretty long line of cars but once we were unloaded it was easy! We were in oceanview cabin 2262 which was plenty of space for 2 adults. We had to wait for our luggage so we did some touring and ate in the Windjammer. This buffet had everything you could think of and it was delicious! We took off from Port and headed to sea. I loved the music they played and barstaff constantly bringing you drinks.

We had a day at sea before we got to Labadee, and while at sea Captain Per got on to announce that we had to re-route due to a medical emergency. I later found out a kid had appendicitis and the Bahamas was the nearest hospital. They couldn't use the chopper due to winds. So there we are cruising by the beautiful Bahamas!

We didn't arrive in Labadee until 1:20 and had to be back on the ship by 5. This was a bummer but I still got to do my excursion which was the zipline. Awesome- i recommend it. Labadee was beautiful and the water terrific. It started raining while taking a tender back to the Mariner.

Our next stop was in Ocho Rios. We arrived on time but the weather was cloudy. Still hot though. We did the 4x4 safari and Dunn's River Falls. Our tour guide was awesome and we got to see all of Ocho Rios in a zebra striped vehicle and taste some of their natural fruits. We then got to see and climb Dunn's River Falls. By now it was raining but we were soaked so you couldn't tell. Our tour guide was great and it felt like such an accomplishment to climb those falls! We headed back to the ship after our tour. We loved Jamaica and it was beautiful but the locals are sooo pushy!

Next stop Grand Cayman. Again cloudy but thought the sun was gonna come out. We did some shopping and by 10 am we were sitting at Breezes by the Bay enjoying an alcoholic beverage. We were signed up to SNUBA dive which I was pumped about! We waited for the excursion only to find out it was going to be canceled due to an incoming storm. We decided screw the storm we are heading to the beach. SO we grabbed a 10 dollar taxi to ride a short distance to 7-mi beach. Just as we get in the water BOOM here is the storm (which made for GREAT pics!!) So we got to enjoy the caribbean waters for a few minutes- the waves were HUGE and awesome! By then we were so waterlogged we headed back to the ship and napped the afternoon away.

Final stop...(tired of reading yet??!) Cozumel. Beautiful and colorful stop! Here we signed up for the dolphin swim and snorkel so we got our shopping done first and ate some food. I loved chewing the locals down on their merchandise- some gave us attitude but sold us stuff anyway! We then went to Chankanaab Park for the dolphin swim- HUGE dream of mine. I was sooo excited the minute I got there. We donned our lifevests and down to the water we went. The dolphins were the BEST thing I have ever done. We got to give and get a kiss, give a hug, and ride the dolphin by holding its fins. We also got some snorkel time with the dolphins but I really didn't see any coral or anything- must have really been destroyed by the hurricane~ After we were finished with the dolphins...no surprise but RAIN!! Luckily we got to enjoy our excursion.

We had rough seas getting home but no sea-sickness. Oh yeah and it stormed all day so we couldn't swim or anything The last day Captain Per announced 6 people had GI issues and to take extra handwashing precautions and no shaking staff's hands. But we lucked out.

This was our first cruise and we had a blast!! We decided a cruise a year till we die! Activities we did alot on board was BINGO (I almost won $3500!) and if anyone gets to go to the adult game show The Quest- funnest night there!! Johnny Rockets had THE BEST greasy food and we ate there a lot! The parades in the Royal Promenade were neat and there is always plenty to do and see. I wanted to see some shows but my boyfriend wasn't into that so we missed them (i will see them next time) Oh and ladies- take advantage of the spa specials- I had a VERY VERY relaxing body massage for cheap!

Anyway, hope this wasn't too much reading! And oh yeah...the reason it has taken me so long to get on here....

WE GOT ENGAGED ON THE CRUISE!!!! So I have been busy now planning a wedding...time for a honeymoon cruise!! Thanks to everyone for all the advice and I am sure I will be back for more!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-07-2007, 08:37 PM

Hey cruise chatters, well a month after my trip, I am finally here to let everyone know how it went! We went to the Caribbean on Mariner of the Seas. First of all, BEAUTIFUL ship!!!! Nice cruisers, nice employees, nice captain, etc!!! We left from Port Can. on Sunday- fairly easy process of getting on the ship. Our shuttle waited in a pretty long line of cars but once we were unloaded it was easy! We were in oceanview cabin 2262 which was plenty of space for 2 adults. We had to wait for our luggage so we did some touring and ate in the Windjammer. This buffet had everything you could think of and it was delicious! We took off from Port and headed to sea. I loved the music they played and barstaff constantly bringing you drinks.

We had a day at sea before we got to Labadee, and while at sea Captain Per got on to announce that we had to re-route due to a medical emergency. I later found out a kid had appendicitis and the Bahamas was the nearest hospital. They couldn't use the chopper due to winds. So there we are cruising by the beautiful Bahamas!

We didn't arrive in Labadee until 1:20 and had to be back on the ship by 5. This was a bummer but I still got to do my excursion which was the zipline. Awesome- i recommend it. Labadee was beautiful and the water terrific. It started raining while taking a tender back to the Mariner.

Our next stop was in Ocho Rios. We arrived on time but the weather was cloudy. Still hot though. We did the 4x4 safari and Dunn's River Falls. Our tour guide was awesome and we got to see all of Ocho Rios in a zebra striped vehicle and taste some of their natural fruits. We then got to see and climb Dunn's River Falls. By now it was raining but we were soaked so you couldn't tell. Our tour guide was great and it felt like such an accomplishment to climb those falls! We headed back to the ship after our tour. We loved Jamaica and it was beautiful but the locals are sooo pushy!

Next stop Grand Cayman. Again cloudy but thought the sun was gonna come out. We did some shopping and by 10 am we were sitting at Breezes by the Bay enjoying an alcoholic beverage. We were signed up to SNUBA dive which I was pumped about! We waited for the excursion only to find out it was going to be canceled due to an incoming storm. We decided screw the storm we are heading to the beach. SO we grabbed a 10 dollar taxi to ride a short distance to 7-mi beach. Just as we get in the water BOOM here is the storm (which made for GREAT pics!!) So we got to enjoy the caribbean waters for a few minutes- the waves were HUGE and awesome! By then we were so waterlogged we headed back to the ship and napped the afternoon away.

Final stop...(tired of reading yet??!) Cozumel. Beautiful and colorful stop! Here we signed up for the dolphin swim and snorkel so we got our shopping done first and ate some food. I loved chewing the locals down on their merchandise- some gave us attitude but sold us stuff anyway! We then went to Chankanaab Park for the dolphin swim- HUGE dream of mine. I was sooo excited the minute I got there. We donned our lifevests and down to the water we went. The dolphins were the BEST thing I have ever done. We got to give and get a kiss, give a hug, and ride the dolphin by holding its fins. We also got some snorkel time with the dolphins but I really didn't see any coral or anything- must have really been destroyed by the hurricane~ After we were finished with the dolphins...no surprise but RAIN!! Luckily we got to enjoy our excursion.

We had rough seas getting home but no sea-sickness. Oh yeah and it stormed all day so we couldn't swim or anything The last day Captain Per announced 6 people had GI issues and to take extra handwashing precautions and no shaking staff's hands. But we lucked out.

This was our first cruise and we had a blast!! We decided a cruise a year till we die! Activities we did alot on board was BINGO (I almost won $3500!) and if anyone gets to go to the adult game show The Quest- funnest night there!! Johnny Rockets had THE BEST greasy food and we ate there a lot! The parades in the Royal Promenade were neat and there is always plenty to do and see. I wanted to see some shows but my boyfriend wasn't into that so we missed them (i will see them next time) Oh and ladies- take advantage of the spa specials- I had a VERY VERY relaxing body massage for cheap!

Anyway, hope this wasn't too much reading! And oh yeah...the reason it has taken me so long to get on here....

WE GOT ENGAGED ON THE CRUISE!!!! So I have been busy now planning a wedding...time for a honeymoon cruise!! Thanks to everyone for all the advice and I am sure I will be back for more!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Candi, congrats on your engagement! It looks like you had a lot of rain, but sounds like it didn't get the better of you. Glad you had a good time, We will be on the Mariner next year and can't wait.

PS Are you going to get married on you next cruise? That would be awesome.

Fantasy - Bahamas 4/96
Rhaposdy OTS - S Caribbean 11/97
Jewel OTS - Europe 9/07
Mariner OTS - Caribbean 10/08
Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 AM

I would love to do that- there was someone getting married when we were on and also someone got married when we stopped at grand cayman. Problem is I have too big a family and my stepmom would never step foot on a cruiseship
quote:
Originally posted by gaileeh:
Candi, congrats on your engagement! It looks like you had a lot of rain, but sounds like it didn't get the better of you. Glad you had a good time, We will be on the Mariner next year and can't wait.

PS Are you going to get married on you next cruise? That would be awesome.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 AM

CONGRATULATIONS! What a way to top off a cruise. If you cruise on your honeymoon, you'll be able to tell your hubby to see the shows. I enjoyed reading your review.

Sonny
Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 AM

Congratulations Candi, that's wonderful news! I'm glad you decided to make the best out of the rain. We always do, too. We normally go snorkeling so we're already wet, who cares-you're in the Caribbean. I'm so glad you got to do the swim with the dolphins, it was the most awesome experience I've ever had. Did you buy the video? We did, and whenever I get down, I pop it in the VCR and it always cheers me up. If you can't get married on a cruise, at least you can take your honeymoon on board. Can't wait to see what you book next. Welcome home!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Hey good point! Never thought of it that way! Time to do things my way!! Glad you enjoyed the review! I can't wait until the next cruise- SOOO addicting!!
quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
CONGRATULATIONS! What a way to top off a cruise. If you cruise on your honeymoon, you'll be able to tell your hubby to see the shows. I enjoyed reading your review.

Sonny

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-08-2007, 04:33 PM

Yeah we bought the video and all the pics- that was the neatest part that our family got to see. It does cheer you up and they do such a neat job editing the video with the music and slo-mo effects!
quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Congratulations Candi, that's wonderful news! I'm glad you decided to make the best out of the rain. We always do, too. We normally go snorkeling so we're already wet, who cares-you're in the Caribbean. I'm so glad you got to do the swim with the dolphins, it was the most awesome experience I've ever had. Did you buy the video? We did, and whenever I get down, I pop it in the VCR and it always cheers me up. If you can't get married on a cruise, at least you can take your honeymoon on board. Can't wait to see what you book next. Welcome home!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-08-2007, 05:26 PM

My husband, son and his girlfriend and myself will be going to Cozmel in April 2008. My son's girlfriend wants to swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab park. Can we all watch her without paying or does she have to do it alone? We all want to go to the park but swimming with the dolphins aren't really my husbands and my cup of tea. Any advice?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 AM

You can watch them swim, but let me say, it's an awesome experience. You might want to rethink not experiencing it.

Closed Thread