Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 AM

I am going on the FOS in June & I've been checking airfare. In seems awfully high right now so I am not sure if it's only going to get worse or is it too early to be booking it. I live in Chicago & I want direct flights both ways to Miami. I'm afraid if I wait there won't be any seats available.

I also checked with Travelocity, Expedia & Hotwire & they are all about the same. Anyone have any suggestions?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-13-2008, 09:47 AM

Did you check different dates? Sometime staying a night or two before or after your cruise may have an effect on your airfare. Prices are usually higher during summer months. Also, fuel prices are very high. On the bright side, flying is still cheaper than driving...

Sonny
Old 02-14-2008, 05:24 PM

Once you check various travel websites, go to the actual airline website. Some airline websites guarantee their lowest fares on the web, and by going through the airline website, you don't have to pay a booking fee on top of the airfare.

Example, you see on Travelocity that United has a direct flight. Before you book anything, check United's website to see if the fare is any cheaper for the flights that you want.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-15-2008, 11:16 AM

Your vacation is during peak travel time and pricing will be higher for flights, cruises, gas for you car and every other option during summer months when kiddos are out of school. It's just a simple supply and demand issue. Don't wait too long to book, as availability drops and demand increases things are very likely to continue to climb.

A couple of sites I've had pretty good success with are sidestep.com and kayak.com Don't forget that for rate on Southwest you have to go direct, you won't see their rates on any of the other sites southwest.com

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread