Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 05:38 AM

hello,

i can't convince my wife to do a 5nt cruise with 3nts post cruise at tropi-rock resort in ft.lauderdale in the end of august. we always do mytle in august (last 7yrs).it will be our 10th aniver. at that time. the cost would be virtually the same! i mean i'm talking 300.00 dollars more. to me it is a no brainer,but she loves myrtle beach just to relax and i admit i do to. i just love to cruise!

any ideals to sway her without ticking her off to bad?

thanks,
ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-08-2008, 05:52 AM

Tell her that Royal Carribean said she needs to "Get Out There". I've done the 5 night on Enchantment, she is a beautiful ship. Good luck, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Take two weeks and do both!! It's a special time!

Need some cruise help?
Old 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM

I agree do both, we did a four day out of Port Canaveral followed by three days at MB back in March and it was great for our 21st anniversary.
RCCL Sovereign 3/08
RCCL Sovereign 10/08
RCCL Monarch 4/09
RCCL Navigator 3/10
RCCL Radiance 4/11
Carnival Dream 4/12
Carnival Glory 10/12
Carnival Fantasy 5/13
RCCL Allure 10/13

Need some cruise help?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:32 PM

Sounds to me like you have your work cut out for you to sway her. I would suggest telling her that you should do something really special for your 10th anniversary. There's always next year for Mytle Beach.

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 PM

I am an annual Myrtle Beach goer myself--and last year and year before we done cruises! By far--I love cruises better than Myrtle Beach--the beaches in Cozumel, Belize and Key West awesome--Broadway at the Beach is an attraction in Myrtle Beach many flock to for evenings--but you have to drive--gas is expensive so running out for dinner in that traffic just wouldn't be worth it when you can walk everywhere you need to on the ship for anything you want. WE LOVED ENCHANTMENT!! I love the quietness of the beach at North Myrtle and the seafood restaurants but its all inclusive on the ship! And when you are tired of chilling- there is non-stop activities that you can enjoy or pass-your choice! Many times at Myrtle Beach we find ourselves in the car trying to figure out where we want to go eat or where we want to go site see after a long day at the ocean and all we end oup doing is driving--wasting gas! good luck! I look forward to getting back to Myrtle--but for a special ocassion--do something different! HA!! I am rooting for you!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:11 AM

I like the doing both idea, too. However, if you need some convincing for a cruise, show her some of SonnyV's pictures or some of my pictures. The water in the Caribbean is like no other. The beaches are amazing. Google "Trunk Bay" and show her those pictures. That is one of the top ten beaches in the World. Tell her it's your 10th anniversary, which is a special one. She'd love the TropiRock as well. It's run by a really nice couple, in walking distance to restaurants and the beach, they have a nice pool, it's normally a very quiet place to spend a few days. If you want, you can get one with a kitchenette and enjoy a bottle of wine or champagne with a home made dinner. She would absolutely LOVE cruising. Let us know how you make out!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:09 AM

I live in North Myrtle Beach, so it is a no brainer for me.

Go on the cruise!

Don't tell the Chamber of Commerce I said this.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cruise, cruises, google, mrytle, myrtle, reviews, tle