Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2005, 01:19 PM

My family and I a taking a 7 day cruise to Alaska at the end of June (can't wait). I am a little concered about the solariom pool. Being in Alaska I can't see the outside pool being open! But from doing some research I have found out that the Solarium is only for adults? Is this true or do they have special hours that the kids would be able to swim? Can anyone varify any of this and help me out.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Hi Hannah and welcome aboard
I can't speak for Serenada of the Seas but I was on the Splendour a few years ago they had the same arrangement. No kid were allowed in the solarium, but I did take my daughter (13yo at the time) and no one seemed to mind. However she is very happy to sit and read a book or people watch. I took her in the pool a few times and again as long as I was there no one said anything.
Maybe some others will be able to clarify this a bit more.
Either way you'll great time.
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-07-2005, 07:05 PM

I was on the serenade last year, and I don't recall ever seeing any children in the solarium, it was actually quite empty in there (since we were in the caribbean) the outdoor pool was overflowing with people/kids included.
I'm not sure that I remember seeing anything about specific times that kids could be in there?
Sorry!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:14 PM

I believe that the solarium is for adults only. However, don't discount the pool area even though it might be cooler. I am sure the ship will heat the water to a comfortable temperature and that you kids will thoroughly enjoy it.

Tom
Old 06-08-2005, 05:54 AM

I was recently on the Brilliance of the Seas (sister ship to the Serenade) and there was one day in particular while we were in port that inclement weather kept people from using the outdoor facilities. The children were given permission to use the Solarium for a specified period of time midday. Not sure if this was permitted just because many people were off the ship, if this is a standard fleetwide policy or specific to each ship.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-08-2005, 06:54 AM

We were on the Brilliance and on the Jewel and no childrens were allowed inside the Solarium.
And I must say, we liked it. A nice quiet place, only for adults, no splashing kids and no noise, time to read a book or to sit in the jacuzzi and have conversation with some other passengers or having a snack in the small cafe.
Marita

Old 06-13-2005, 11:17 PM

Hi! Also on the Seranade of the seas at the end of June with a child, also was wondering about the pools. We're on the June 29 cruise and our daughter is almost 3. Would love to chat more if on the same cruise/ similiarly aged kids. If not, relax and have a great cuise!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:19 PM

make that the June 26th cruise...
Old 06-14-2005, 04:37 AM

We have sailed on the Serenade to East Coast/Canada.

The Solarium pool area has a modest number of lounge chairs and space in general in comparison to the main pool. When people brought their youngsters into the area, and they indeed did, others asked the ship to enforce the adult-only rule, which did not happen.

Although the young people were quiet,well-behaved, and supervised by their parents, the area was very crowded.

Lana
Old 06-14-2005, 12:46 PM

pascutler,
Also on the June 26 cruise, looking forward to a great time....unfortunaly my kids are older (2) 13year olds and 18. We have done many cruise with the kids, they love it. I'm sure your daughter will have a great time. We here that the ship is wonderful! We did a lot of investigating and feel we found a great deal with this trip. My husband and I just booked a European cruise with RCI on Brillance of the Seas next year. Once a cruiser always a cruiser. Enjoy your trip...

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, caribbean, children, closed, cruise, open, pool, royal, serenada, ship, show, solarium, top, wwwserenadaofthe